Baby Weight Lies They Don't Tell You

Options
I got pregnant when I was just fat and happy at 190. Fully preg-o I got aaaaaaaaall the way up to 229. After I had the baby and the whole breast feeding thing I went down to 195.

Now this is the tricky bit....

My weight,shot all the way back up to where I was at 9 months pregnant. I always thought that baby weight was something you gained while you were *actually* pregnant, not something you put on in the months AFTER delivery. And here we are, my two year old baby girl and my unreasonably large rear.

Why don't people warn you that you can weigh more AFTER you deliver?

Replies

• HollyMinear
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I weighed the lowest ever (since high school) while I was breast feeding because of the calorie expenditure involved in breast feeding. Hope you are having some success using MFP!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    And some of us never lost the weight we gained from pregnancy until well after our kids were born.
  • itsasecret22
    Options
    Once stopping breastfeeding you have to cut about 500 calories from your diet to not gain weight back! I didn't and gained probably 20 pounds. I kept snacking at night when he got up, and kept eating like I was feeding him too :-/
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I gained all of my "baby" weight after I stopped breastfeeding (15 months) and went back to work. So frustrating!
  • sivadsirhc
    Options
    Holy smokes!! I'm just happy that it's not just me! There is nothing like hearing "you're not alone" to make you feel, uh, well, not alone.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    I never lost the pregnancy weight....here I am 6 years from my first pregnancy and 5 weeks from my last pregnancy trying so hard to lose it this time!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I DOUBLED my weight during pregnancy and then after I had my son I gained another 30 lbs. Just now losing some of the weight.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my baby is ten. :laugh: I have only recently gotten to a weight less than where I was at delivery.
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue..... with baby number one I never got back down to my prepregnancy weight.... then at baby number two I lost about half of the weight immediately after giving birth.... and gained the rest of it back plus 5 lbs! Yikes!!
  • Irlmumof2
    Options
    I snapped right back after my first, but with my second....well, let's just say I was 10 years older and I gained 90 lbs (135 to 225), lost 25 with breast feeding, and then have been struggling to lose the rest. My son's 5th birthday was just this past week. I'm going to be successful this time, and I have been finding great success with MFP.