We Can Do It!

Options
we can do it. I was going to write I can do it, but we are all on this planet together so I thought I would be thoughtful and say We, instead of I. Anyway, I was out jogging tonight, around 9:30pm and was thinking I should write something positive for all of you on this site to help keep us all going, you know give something back to the community.

Here is my story, why I want to loose weight and some positive affirmations peppered in:
Seven months ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. My labor lasted 3 days, I was induced and on the forth day of contractions, I could finally take no more pain, I was only on an epidural for a little less than 2 of those days. I ended up having a C-section, I was afraid of having a c-section the whole time I was pregnant. You see I have diabetes and have to take insulin (which makes me gain weight but that is another story). Anyway, in the hospital, I thought I was going to die and lose my baby with all the meds they had me on, I was put through the ringer, no food for a week, and my blood sugars were all over the place, but in the end I had a miracle so I didn't mind. My point to this story is that this is what I think about when I exercise. It gets me through jogging through the streets of my neighborhood at 9:30 at night. We all have our stories, no one greater than the other but they are our survivor stories, whatever they may be, so pick your story, think about it and it will positively motivate you, make you stronger, because we are all strong, we have all been through something and survived. Be proud of yourself for that and think that losing weight is such a small thing, such a tiny problem than whatever your "story of survival" is. Remember, We CAN do it!

So I want to lose weight for my daughter, my husband and for me. Because I love myself enough to give me a chance, because I love life, because I love my family and want to be around them for as long as I may wander this earth. So exercise even though you haven’t lost any pounds, because for one thing it’s obviously doing SOMTHING, right? And whatever the exercise is doing to your body, it’s obviously positive, I mean no medical person has come up with research that states exercise is bad for you. So just do it, even if it seems to not be doing anything. See my problem is I quit too easily. Then I started this website and also log my exercises in outlook and realized it’s only been two weeks since I have been trying to lose weight. (I haven’t lost anything by the way). But I am not giving up. Not since I looked at the calendar, I mean two weeks is nothing. Nothing compared to how long I have been fat! So anyway, we are all survivors and ......We CAN do it!

Thought that would help everyone! :bigsmile:

Replies

• kellyhough17
    Options
    we can do it. I was going to write I can do it, but we are all on this planet together so I thought I would be thoughtful and say We, instead of I. Anyway, I was out jogging tonight, around 9:30pm and was thinking I should write something positive for all of you on this site to help keep us all going, you know give something back to the community.

Here is my story, why I want to loose weight and some positive affirmations peppered in:
    Seven months ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. My labor lasted 3 days, I was induced and on the forth day of contractions, I could finally take no more pain, I was only on an epidural for a little less than 2 of those days. I ended up having a C-section, I was afraid of having a c-section the whole time I was pregnant. You see I have diabetes and have to take insulin (which makes me gain weight but that is another story). Anyway, in the hospital, I thought I was going to die and lose my baby with all the meds they had me on, I was put through the ringer, no food for a week, and my blood sugars were all over the place, but in the end I had a miracle so I didn't mind. My point to this story is that this is what I think about when I exercise. It gets me through jogging through the streets of my neighborhood at 9:30 at night. We all have our stories, no one greater than the other but they are our survivor stories, whatever they may be, so pick your story, think about it and it will positively motivate you, make you stronger, because we are all strong, we have all been through something and survived. Be proud of yourself for that and think that losing weight is such a small thing, such a tiny problem than whatever your "story of survival" is. Remember, We CAN do it!

So I want to lose weight for my daughter, my husband and for me. Because I love myself enough to give me a chance, because I love life, because I love my family and want to be around them for as long as I may wander this earth. So exercise even though you haven’t lost any pounds, because for one thing it’s obviously doing SOMTHING, right? And whatever the exercise is doing to your body, it’s obviously positive, I mean no medical person has come up with research that states exercise is bad for you. So just do it, even if it seems to not be doing anything. See my problem is I quit too easily. Then I started this website and also log my exercises in outlook and realized it’s only been two weeks since I have been trying to lose weight. (I haven’t lost anything by the way). But I am not giving up. Not since I looked at the calendar, I mean two weeks is nothing. Nothing compared to how long I have been fat! So anyway, we are all survivors and ......We CAN do it!

Thought that would help everyone! :bigsmile:
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is a great website, so could you please not put comments like "that is gay."

Believe what you will, but comments like that really don't support my idea of thoughtful or positive that you quote in your first paragraph.

I do wish you luck in your quest for health.
  • kellyhough17
    Options
    This is a great website, so could you please not put comments like "that is gay."

Believe what you will, but comments like that really don't support my idea of thoughtful or positive that you quote in your first paragraph.

I do wish you luck in your quest for health.

it's funny, cause if you were really positive you would have focused on my letter, not those three little words, that I obviosly didn't mean to hurt anyone anyway, could have commented on what I wrote and mabey mentioned "Nicley" that I should have deleted it, I would have been glad to.