May 15th Weight Loss Group- Week 5

Options
HEY LADIES, 5 weeks down, another 10 to go!! We're 1/3 done, but hey good health is a journey not a destination, right? Sometimes it feels like a destination, but just remember all progress big or small is a step in the right direction. I hope everyone had a great week and I can't wait to see how everyone is doing.

Talk to you soon.

Replies

• riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    HEY LADIES, 5 weeks down, another 10 to go!! We're 1/3 done, but hey good health is a journey not a destination, right? Sometimes it feels like a destination, but just remember all progress big or small is a step in the right direction. I hope everyone had a great week and I can't wait to see how everyone is doing.

Talk to you soon.
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Howdy everyone...hope it was a week of good choices for all! Weigh in tomorrow early...so see you then!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    *bump* for an easy find tomorrow!! :wink:
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    Omg its sat again lol
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Hey everyone checking IN! I am up so early my son will not sleep ugh . It's like every sat he wakes up earlier and earlier lol

Last Sat 168
    This Sat 164.2
    Long term goal 145
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Slow & steady.... I hope that everyone's week was successful! :drinker:

LW - 172
    Today - 171
    MG - 160
  • gemfrire
    Options
    :ohwell: Good morning..back from WW and so bummed. I am up .2. I know it is not much but it isnt a loss and it is the first time since late Dec that i have not lost. I am not sure if this will make any sense but I feel as though I wasted the week. it isnt that i gained as much as i didnt lose..that sounds odd doesn't it? It is like I gained not only the .2 but also the 1.5 that was my goal. Crazy!
    I have examined my meals this week and nothing jumps out as being off plan so I just don't know where that 2 tenth of a pound came from! But I know that I now must really lose big this week to make up for this week! May 15th is approaching way too fast!

Hope everyone else did better....
  • sanifrey
    Options
    :ohwell: Good morning..back from WW and so bummed. I am up .2. I know it is not much but it isnt a loss and it is the first time since late Dec that i have not lost. I am not sure if this will make any sense but I feel as though I wasted the week. it isnt that i gained as much as i didnt lose..that sounds odd doesn't it? It is like I gained not only the .2 but also the 1.5 that was my goal. Crazy!
    I have examined my meals this week and nothing jumps out as being off plan so I just don't know where that 2 tenth of a pound came from! But I know that I now must really lose big this week to make up for this week! May 15th is approaching way too fast!

Sorry to hear about your small gain. It's never easy to take. I'm sure that as long as you did all you could that it'll FALL right back off again!! Sounds to me like a good trip to the bathroom could fix you right up!! :wink: :wink: LOL!! That being said, I'm sure that next week will be really great for you!! Hang in there!! You can do it!! :drinker:
  • coliechacer
    Options
    hey guys i have been on the south beach diet well i cheat every day but i will only have like 2 oreos or some special k crackers and i have lost 4 lbs this week . Its so hard not to eat carbs for 2 weeks but after 2 week u can eat good carbs well i am eating them anyway lol
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

[/
    quote]

Hey don;t beat yourself up over that .2 gained. Your body just wasn't ready to turn it loose.
    better be careful what I cook tomorrow for our outing Going called Kathy and see what they would like to have. Love Momma
  • riveraphx
    Options
    hey everyone. I see everyone is up bright and early this morning.

Last week: 127.2
    This week: 126.8
    Loss of .4 lbs.
    MG: 110

So I made some progress this week. I always make excuses when I don't lose a full pound. Like today I am saying it's because I drank a bunch of water, but you know what, it is what it is. I am still happy. I bought a dress too small for me as a goal, because my boyfriend and I are going to Vegas in April. I am so excited.
  • riveraphx
    Options

You're still doing awesome. I really don't think you gained 2 lbs of weight. Sometimes it's water weight or you need to just go handle your business in the bathroom. Think about it. You would have to consume 7,000 additional calories on top of the calories your body uses to function properly. You would have had to lay in a bed and don't move and eat an extra 1000 calories per day on top of the 1200 calories MFP allots you anyway to have gained 2 actual pounds.
  • chellebelle315
    Options

I know how much it sucks to get on the scale and not be down....just remember how much our weight fluctuates....one of those many joys of being a woman...focus on being healthy and stick with it, you'll see your results soon!

Have a great week!!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    checking in...

LW 240
    TW 238.6
    GW 215

One step closer! yay! Headed to the gym. Have a great week everyone!
  • gemfrire
    Options
    hey guys i have been on the south beach diet well i cheat every day but i will only have like 2 oreos or some special k crackers and i have lost 4 lbs this week . Its so hard not to eat carbs for 2 weeks but after 2 week u can eat good carbs well i am eating them anyway lol

My dr recommended South Beach. So on Dec 26th I found the book at my local used bookstore and stayed on Phase 1 for the recommended two weeks. I have eliminated all breads and only eat pasta, potatoes or rice once a week. We are eating fish at least twice a week and salads for lunch with a peice of fruit. Since beginning this way of eating I have lost 15lbs. I am heading to the bookstore to see if I can find the supercharged version...maybe that will help me get back on track. My favorite about SB? my daily snack of mixed nuts!
  • coliechacer
    Options
    I bought the supercharge at boarder's it just comes with a fitness pan too i think thats the super charge part. Did u cheat at all the first two weeks cause i seem to keep having at least one snack a day with carbs but i have lost 6lbs this week with still cheating! But did u cheat at all or no?
  • gemfrire
    Options
    Actually no I did not cheat the first two weeks...i tend to enjoy the type of food on the plan. What I missed was my fruit..but for two weeks I could resist. Then i added a Cutie or tangelo to my daily menu. This past week it was grapes and today at the grocery I bought Pink Lady apples which i love. But I am still only eating one peice of fruit a day. Here is a sample of my daily meals
    Breakfast
    2 slices of canadian bacon
    eggbeaters (equivalent to 2 eggs) scrambled with a bit of canola oil spray
    1/4 cup of FF cottage cheese
    black coffee
    Morning Snack - 1/4 cup mixed nuts(i sometimes switch out my morning and afternoon snacks)
    Lunch
    Salad consisting of mixed greens, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red/yellow pepper slices
    Balsamic vinegarette
    String Cheese stick
    Afternoon Snack - fruit
    Dinner
    Grilled chicken or tilapia
    Steamed veggies
    Evening Snack - Bluebunny fudge bar (1=35 calories)

I drink water or ice tea at all meals and throughout the day.
    For Phase 1 I just had jello in place of the fruit. I work long hours so I have found that packaging my meals in bags on sunday really helps me. I just grab the bags and go...and when I am through with the bags at work...I am done. The first few days I kept the can of nuts at my desk and quickly realized that was NOT going to work! So i measure them out and that keeps me from over-indulging.
    Let me know how you are doing...I didnt get the book...but am going to look again tomorrow. A fitness plan is what i need..I just cant seem to get the exercise part of this journey down.
    Good Luck