Hello, I have a long way to go!

Options
2»

Replies

• lovineyes
    lovineyes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi there! i just joined tonight!! so if you need a friend, please feel free to add me. that goes for any one here. i am new and i need all the support i can get. i have always been a big girl and well...life keeps messing with me. we can do this together! :smile:
  • debster12363
    Options
    Hi there,

Just joining now, though I probably should have waited a tad longer. Going to see my Dad Wednesday for 8 days and he
    already has a menu planned out of what I need to cook for him. Since he lives alone and has no family near him, I have to
    honor his wishes and cook what he wants. Which is FAR from diet friendly....in other words, all the comfort foods that I grew
    up with and that helped get me where I am today.

I have tried different diets and been successful to some degree or another. Most recently, I did "Dr. Poon's Metabolic Diet" and got within 26 pounds of my goal weight. This is a low carb, low fat, low sodium, high protein diet. I should add, low flavor, low satisfaction and low pleasure, as well. I don't want to go there again and frankly, don't think I could handle another round of that.

I gave up smoking last year and made up for it by packing in the carbs (and the pounds!). Then I started smoking again. So, not back to square one but 40+ pounds back :(

I can't do the low everything diet again, I just can't. So, I have decided to just do a sensible diet where I eat healthy, count the calories, exercise and cook everything from scratch again.

I could really use some friends to support me through this journey :) and would be thrilled to support you right back!!

So, hi everyone!!

Thanks,

Debbie