What do you add to fruit to make your smoothies?

Options
2»

Replies

• Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Another version:

1 c water
    1/2 c. crushed ice cubes
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 pkg crystall light (flavor of your choice)

Tastes like a creamcicle and is low on the sugars

I love this recipe, I'm going to have to try it!
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    almond milk..... yummmmm. The chocolate is good too.
    Or for a little chocolate kick, throw in a tsp of cocoa powder. not too much though, it can be very bitter
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    protein powder, peanut butter, & banana. sometimes water or sometimes almond milk.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    23jplq0.jpg

this is the key ingredient for making the smoothie taste much nicer! you only need a few table spoons of it, and its quite low in cals :)

hope this helped
  • sammydiva
    Options
    I put unsweetened vanilla almond milk, frozen strawberries, a banana, ice, 0 cal sweetener and sometimes fiber one vanilla yogurt on mine and it's absolutely delicious! It also has a pretty pink color.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    for my fruit smoothies i add spinach (you cant taste it!), greek yogurt, whatever frozen fruit i feel like, ice and water or juice to get the right consistency.
    sometimes ill throw in a banana and/or avocado instead of ice

Ewww I'm not sure about the spinach bit, I hate spinach though! I was wondering about yoghurt or juice, couldn't decide which would be best though.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, Do you mean spinach frozen/drained or leaves? I've never made these...

you honestly can not taste the spinach.. also if you add spinach put in some mango.. they are supposed to compliment each other

I use fresh baby spinach leaves (not frozen - never tried frozen). And you really, truly can't taste the spinach at all. It does turn your shake green though.

No, I like spinach, just didn't know which too use. Gonna try it when I get all my ingredients. Thanks!
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    I haven't made a smoothie in a while, but when I did, I put in:

Whatever frozen fruit I had on hand
    1/2 cup FF greek yogurt
    1 tbsp Flax Seed
    And a splash of milk
  • jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This morning I made one with frozen cherries, raspberries,and banana. I alway toss my over ripe bananas in the freezer and use them in smoothies. I then looked in the fridge and I had only cottage cheese no yogurt so I put that in and some juice that was there and whipped it up in my Magic Bullet. No 2 smoothies are ever the same here I use whatever I have, sometimes it will be frozen peaches and blueberries. You can add ground flax seeds and bran to add fiber if you want. I don't add water I like mine thick enough to eat with a spoon.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can't drink milk.... does anyone use Silk?

I raised three kids with multiple allergies. I have made smoothies for 30 years one bag of frozen berries - any flavor, one or 2 ripe bananas, and enough liquid to blend. I like pineapple juice, but orange, apple, water or any of the milk, soy, almond, rice drinks should work, too. Play around with different fruits. My daughter liked pineaple, mango, and coconut milk.

For more protein, try adding peanut butter to a yogurt smoothie! :happy:
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I buy my fruit frozen in large bags. Usually strawberries and blueberries. I buy fresh banana and cut them in half.

At the beginning of the month I get zip lock bags and make up my fruit packs. Usually about 30 at a time.
    1/2 banana
    4-5 whole large frozen strawberries
    handful of frozen blueberries

Each morning I blend until smooth and frothy...
    1/2 cup of 1% milk or unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 packet of Truvia sweetener
    1/2 cup of cold water
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1 fruit pack

Makes about 24 oz (once blended/aerated)