Subway food question?

Options
Ok I was wondering in the data base it lists the cold cut 6" My question is are they counting just the filling do you count the bread and toppings as extras? I went to the subway nutritional info and tried to put my sandwich together peice by peice but was unable to find a nutritional value of the meat :noway: . This is why I hate eating out:grumble: any ideas?

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ok I was wondering in the data base it lists the cold cut 6" My question is are they counting just the filling do you count the bread and toppings as extras? I went to the subway nutritional info and tried to put my sandwich together peice by peice but was unable to find a nutritional value of the meat :noway: . This is why I hate eating out:grumble: any ideas?
  • shannonsnail
    shannonsnail Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Based on my experience with the 6" turkey information, when it has says "on wheat" it is has included the bread info and been correct in comparison to what I saw in Subway's info. On the most current Subway info I have the Cold Cut on wheat with veggies and cheese is listed as 410 calories for 6" - does that sound close to what you are getting?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Think it's the wheat and meat. The rest is all extra
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure these numbers don't include cheese or mayo or any other topping either. The lettuce/tomato/pickle stuff is practically free, but I do account for the olives (which is why I usually skip them).

I like the Roast Beef, it's good & light.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I always get a salad. It doesn't have all the sodium and calories as the bread.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The nutritional information on the napkins include the meat and the bread (wheat or Italian as stated in small print below the listed subs). Most veggies are free but watch out for the cheese and other condiments. That is where you can mess up if you are trying to eat healthy.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I always get a salad. It doesn't have all the sodium and calories as the bread.

I just cant do a salad or wrap when the honey-oat bread is so dang good.
    :bigsmile:
  • kburge17
    kburge17 Posts: 1
    Options
    On Subway's website when you are looking at the nutritional information of the particular sandwich, look at the bottom of the page. It tells you what is included in the calorie count. Like it includes wheat bread but if you get white there is a 20 calorie difference based on their breads and wraps page. So you would increase your calorie count by 20. You will notice that the veggies really aren't that much in difference. It's the condiments that really will increase you calorie value. Hope this helps.