I think im doomed :(

Options
13»

Replies

• recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    try chantix? I don't smoke, but maybe this is good, it allows you to still smoke while slowly reducing cravings

Just noticed this entry. Yes Chantix can be a good thing. I used it and it helped a lot. The biggest problem is that it is expensive. Some $150 a month and most insurance doesn't cover it. Asside from that I noticed that it did play with my mind a bit. NO I never had the urge to jump off a building or anything like that. I did find myself being more available to depression (lethargy and indifference). I just pointed it out to my wife and she watched out for signs or statements I would make. If they sounded odd then we went to the park or something. You have to recognize what things and thoughts are not normal for you. Keep a journal, that way when/if things start to feel funny you can open it up and remind yourself what your reality is if you need to.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I couldnt quit smoking and lose weight at the same time as I was actually slightly underweight when I quit smoking. My 30lb weight increase came on in the 2 months since. Good luck to everybody quitting though, it really is the best choice. As somebody said, better to be a little fat than a little dead.
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I guess my advice is to work on the diet and exersize first, and let the smoking follow. Try smoking a cigarette or two less every week, and in the meantime, give the diet and excersize your main focus...hopefully soon after you will feel healthier and happier and be ready to quit smoking! Its working for me! Best of luck!
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i started here in Julyish and have packed the smoking in from 31st October so on week 11 of non smoking now. I used the inhallator and occaisionally the microtab lozenge but hey its definately doable....is that even a word?

I did gain some weight over christmas but hadnt weighed for 10 weeks as i made a statement to myself that i would do what i would generally and see what happened. I didnt exercise and i did eat more rubbish over christmas and did gain big time, but i feel healthy for not smoking and now i am tackling my weight loss.

I do massive amounts of exercise so if i dont get a big loss this week then i will scream......lol

Good luck with your journey what ever you decide to do.

L.xx