Dating! Tell me your stories!

Options
nickybr38
nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
So I've never properly dated in my life. I've had relationships but each one was unconventional (long distance, no proper outings (dinner, movies, etc), long distance, and even one where I never even MET the guy in person! haha).

Just recently, for the first time, I've ended up in a very conventional dating situation and WOW so confusing. Haha. Conventional in that I'm letting the fellow be the aggressor, between dates we only communicate via short texts/phone calls to arrange dates, it's all very 'proper' and old fashioned even!

I feel like I need a rules handbook or something.

But it's nice. I like the conventional style of dating just as much as the unconventional.

What I'm wondering, for those who date or have dated, what kind of dating stories do you have? Come on now! There must be some good ones out there!

I'll kick this off with a story of my new guy.

He recently asked me if I'd go on a road trip with him. I said sure. The next day he emailed me suggesting we take the same vehicle.

HAHAHA. Really? He invited me on a road trip and thought we'd go separately! Too funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• nickybr38
    Options
    So I've never properly dated in my life. I've had relationships but each one was unconventional (long distance, no proper outings (dinner, movies, etc), long distance, and even one where I never even MET the guy in person! haha).

Just recently, for the first time, I've ended up in a very conventional dating situation and WOW so confusing. Haha. Conventional in that I'm letting the fellow be the aggressor, between dates we only communicate via short texts/phone calls to arrange dates, it's all very 'proper' and old fashioned even!

But it's nice. I like the conventional style of dating just as much as the unconventional.

What I'm wondering, for those who date or have dated, what kind of dating stories do you have? Come on now! There must be some good ones out there!

He recently asked me if I'd go on a road trip with him. I said sure. The next day he emailed me suggesting we take the same vehicle.

HAHAHA. Really? He invited me on a road trip and thought we'd go separately! Too funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options

HAHA omg what a goof!
  • nickybr38
    Options

HAHA omg what a goof!

You have no idea, but he's absolutely adorable in his goofiness which is why I'm okay stepping back and letting him take the lead in this whole dating thing. :bigsmile:
  • tabchanges
    Options
    that is just too cute.

I've never really done the conventional dating thing either. So I have no fun stories. haha boo.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    HAHAHA! Did you tell him you were too old-fashioned for that sort of craziness? lol:wink:

I once dated a guy who tried to starve me. He'd take me to really nice restaurants, order lots of food, and then have it sent away before I had a chance! Needless to say it didn't work out and I blame those skinny *****es who order half a crouton and a glass of water for training him that way! People are weird
  • tabchanges
    Options
    HAHAHA! Did you tell him you were too old-fashioned for that sort of craziness? lol:wink:

I once dated a guy who tried to starve me. He'd take me to really nice restaurants, order lots of food, and then have it sent away before I had a chance! Needless to say it didn't work out and I blame those skinny *****es who order half a crouton and a glass of water for training him that way! People are weird

What? Seriously? What a crazy! I'd like jump on the food and be like "WHATEVER, HOLMES. THIS IS MY FOOD AND I'M EATIN' IT"

:laugh:
  • nickybr38
    Options

What? Seriously? What a crazy! I'd like jump on the food and be like "WHATEVER, HOLMES. THIS IS MY FOOD AND I'M EATIN' IT"

:laugh:

SERIOUSLY? WHAT THE HECK? This guy has been trying to feed me. He's all worried. I think he likes his girls big? Haha. Well, whatever! I eat until I'm full then I stop.

And tabchanges this isn't just for conventional dating stories! unconventional dating stories work too!

Like, the guy I never met in person? I met him online but he lived HOURS away and we'd chat forever on the phone. I was still really young at the point and pretty naive about guys.

Anyway he decides he's going to come see me but insists he's going to get a hotel room and I had to spend the night with him. I mean, he was driving ALL THAT WAY, it had better be worth his while!

Haha. I laughed so hard at him that he very nearly cried. Needless to say that night we broke up. :bigsmile:
  • tabchanges
    Options
    And tabchanges this isn't just for conventional dating stories! unconventional dating stories work too!

Like, the guy I never met in person? I met him online but he lived HOURS away and we'd chat forever on the phone. I was still really young at the point and pretty naive about guys.

Anyway he decides he's going to come see me but insists he's going to get a hotel room and I had to spend the night with him. I mean, he was driving ALL THAT WAY, it had better be worth his while!

Haha. I laughed so hard at him that he very nearly cried. Needless to say that night we broke up. :bigsmile:

You can call me Tab :wink:

I online dated a guy for 6 months...

... he lived in England. :huh:

I have no idea what I was thinking. :laugh:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    You can call me Tab :wink:

I online dated a guy for 6 months...

... he lived in England. :huh:

I have no idea what I was thinking. :laugh:

I kind of want to call you Tabby now. Haha.

You were thinking: Love conquers everything and nothing ventured, nothing gained!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Hey girly!! I told you this already but I worked right next to my now husband for 2 weeks before he said a word to me. I got him to talk to me by buying baby bell cheese and not being able to eat it all and I made him eat it. Then he found out that I had never been to one of the restaurants in town so he took me and that is the end and the begining to a very happy marriage!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, how's this one. On our first date with my now husband of 17 years, we go to a bar to hear his cousin's boyfrend's band play. We are way out in the middle of nowhere, I have no idea where we are, a fight breaks out at the bar, we go outside, it's pouring down rain, I am wearing white pants that I borrowed from my friend. We stand around outside talking with the cousin for awhile. Well, remember we are in the middle of no where so on the way home, I need to pee. He pulls over on the side of the road. I get out, pull down my pants to do my business,. not knowing that he pulled over on a hill!!! I tumble backwards with the WHITE, BORROWED pants down around my ankles in the mud and grass. When I make it back up the hill he is just like "One minute you were there and then you were gone, hahahahah" I was soooooooooooo embarrassed but I guess he thought I was cute because a week later he asked me to marry him and we have been together for 17 years!!!

How's that for a date story?

Memaw
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    In college, my friend and I went to a costume party with a couple of guys. I went with "B" and my friend went with "D" but by the time the party was over, she told me she really liked "B." I only liked both of them as friends. The guys took us back to the dorm so we could change into regular clothes before we all went out to eat. When we got back to the lobby, my friend and I told the guys that we had decided to switch dates. Poor things, it really messed with their heads!

I ended up being friends with "D" for years, and my friend dated "B" for awhile, then they broke up.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Oh wow! Swapping guys mid date is kind of hilarious!!!!

I'm surprised they went along with that but I guess they were feeling the same as the girls but unwilling to speak up?

And MeMaw! WOW. 0:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Okay, first, you should know my favourite poem is "Flowers" by Wendy Cope. It's about a guy who always NEARLY buys the speaker flowers- but never quite does, for various reasons. It ends with "look, the flowers you nearly bought/ have lasted all this while".

So, I went on a first date with this guy I met at a party. We agreed to meet at this big fair we have in our town, with some mutual friends. I went in the evening, as I'd been working that day; he was there most of the day. Whilst he was there, he saw a woman selling roses and decided that, when I got there, he'd buy me one. Sadly, by the time I got there, the flower seller had gone home. When he told me this, I just melted. That was coming up to four years ago and we're still together :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Okay, how's this one. On our first date with my now husband of 17 years, we go to a bar to hear his cousin's boyfrend's band play. We are way out in the middle of nowhere, I have no idea where we are, a fight breaks out at the bar, we go outside, it's pouring down rain, I am wearing white pants that I borrowed from my friend. We stand around outside talking with the cousin for awhile. Well, remember we are in the middle of no where so on the way home, I need to pee. He pulls over on the side of the road. I get out, pull down my pants to do my business,. not knowing that he pulled over on a hill!!! I tumble backwards with the WHITE, BORROWED pants down around my ankles in the mud and grass. When I make it back up the hill he is just like "One minute you were there and then you were gone, hahahahah" I was soooooooooooo embarrassed but I guess he thought I was cute because a week later he asked me to marry him and we have been together for 17 years!!!

How's that for a date story?

Memaw

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Man I wish I was there! After a few I would have peed myself. My husband, now of 12 yrs, fell at my feet as I was leaving the bar with my girlfriend. I had gone to High School with him, but had NO clue I would ever have a chance with the guy. Now I look back and think, what the hell were we all doin??:huh: :heart:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i went on a first date with a guy i had met about a week before. i was nervous of course because i never really had a date-date before - or at least it had been a loooong time!

he lived near downtown dallas in a really nice townhome. i met him there where we had a drink and chatted for a while before we went on our date. my nerves got the better of me so i babbled on and on like a tool. i said something in spanish and he said, oh do you speak spanish? i said, no but i used to work at a restaurant and always pretended i could speak spanish to joke with the cooks who were always talking smack and/or being dirty. i would act like i knew what they were saying even though i had no clue.

yea, turns out his last name was zuniga and he was more than fluent in spanish. :blushing: :embarassed: we still had a great time and dated for about 8 months or so.