Interesting question about the calorie deficit.

Options
I tracked the last 21 days, from Jan. 1 to Jan 21. I had actually started before that but just did the tracking at that time. I was at 257 on 1/1 and dropped to 239 on 1/21. I am very happy with that, BUT.....

I tracked my calorie deficit during that time using this sites program and I had a deficit of 27, 557 calories. That should be equivalent to a little under 8 pounds, not the 18 I lost. I was very careful with putting both diet and exercise in correctly and I know that I couldn't be tha far off.

Can anyone help with how I am so far off?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I tracked the last 21 days, from Jan. 1 to Jan 21. I had actually started before that but just did the tracking at that time. I was at 257 on 1/1 and dropped to 239 on 1/21. I am very happy with that, BUT.....

I tracked my calorie deficit during that time using this sites program and I had a deficit of 27, 557 calories. That should be equivalent to a little under 8 pounds, not the 18 I lost. I was very careful with putting both diet and exercise in correctly and I know that I couldn't be tha far off.

Can anyone help with how I am so far off?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • rhondababy
    Options
    Sometimes people can lose 6-9 lbs of water weight in the beginning, depending on how overweight they are when they start. I'm not sure why, but my understanding is that your body holds a lot of water, and once you start flushing the fat out it lets go of some of that extra water. Maybe somebody else who has a more scientific explanantion?
    Amazing Loss BTW!!!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that this website goes by how many calories your body already consumes if you were just laying around all day. It doesn't show you how many calories you burn doing every day activities. I'm a teacher and I don't log all the time I spend on my feet all day. I've only been on it for 2 weeks and my calorie deficit was about 1.5 lb when I really lost 4 lbs.

Celebrate those 18 lbs!!!!