What to eat before working out?

Options
Hi guys. Unfortunately due to my work schedule, I work out either around 5:30 or 6:30am...however, waking up half an hour before working out, it's hard to put a decent meal in my stomach! Anyone have ideas for good fuel foods before my workout that I don't have to cook?! Working out on an empty stomach is I'm sure not healthy as it is, but makes it even harder to push myself! Thanks!

Replies

• Shawndad
    Options
    hi, I am a chef and my husband is a personal trainer. I work out 5 days a week sometimes for 3 hours each day. Everyday before I go to the gym I either eat oatmeal, rice or cereal. when you wake up and before each meal drink 8oz. of water to wake up your digestive system for food and eat carbs before working out. carbs are energy that our bodies use as fuel for working out. If you have any more questions follow me on twitter @chefshawnda or leave me a message.
  • jwintonyk
    jwintonyk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm up and at the gym by 6:45 every morning...I start everyday with a small piece of fruit (bananas are my go-to) or some fruit juice. Water is a must too...
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I always eat a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Enough carbs and protein to help me power through my workout! its great.