Working Out at the gym vs home

Options
Hello,
I am new here and need some ideas on what has worked for you all. I enjoy exercising, but I make ton of excuses of why I don't have time to exercise. So, I am looking for some guidance on what's best to get me started. I have both a gym membership and various workout dvd's & Wii workouts at home. I don't use either at the moment, however it's time for a change. Just a little info I find it hard to find time to exercise due to working full time. Including work and commute most days are 12 hour days for me. I also have a young daughter and husband. So, cleaning, cooking, kid's activities, and family time also have to be included in those days. I am very motivated, but think I also need some accountability support. So, I don't give up after a few weeks.

14548844.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I have to get up early before everybody else is up. Otherwise they are competing for my attention or the TV, and it just doesn't work.

Pam
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    Take a look at this: http://www.gym-pact.com/

I would be interested to know what people think of it!
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lost 81lbs not once set foot in the gym.
    Im a mum of 2, i use kinect, weights, wii & dvd's
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you live a very very busy life. Perhaps one option is to break up your workouts? Or create short ten minute "routines" that you could do quickly?

3 sets of standing squats, crunches, and leg lifts in the morning when you get up, then maybe ten minutes of cardio dancing along to the radio as you're getting ready?

Try inserting little bits into your day. When I can't get to the gym, I dance around like a damn fool in my bedroom because I know that's getting my heart rate up.

Good luck to you
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not a gym person at all. Kinect games have worked very well for me, but I'm taking up cycling starting (hopefully) tomorrow, so plan to see how that goes!
  • Jannie225
    Jannie225 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank You for all the great ideas! I think to start off I might need to follow the suggestions of dividing my time into increments throughout the day. My daughter likes to do the Just Dance games, so that may be a good thing to join in on with her. So, I can get some kind of activity started.