Binge last night. what to do today

Options
Okay so yesterday i went for an hour walk and i ate all my calories for the day like planned and i was so happy then i went to a friends house and had 4 beers and came home and i was craving cheese so i made 2 WW string cheese into mozzerala sticks with bread crumbs and fried them in an electric skillet with lil olive oil then i got a brillant idea that i wanted a grilled cheese so of course i made one of those and it was heaven since i hadnt had one in months. Then i needed something sweet so i ate 2 christmas cookies. I understand that today is a new day and i need to start over but im over now on my weekly calories so should i limit what im eating today or just eat my normal 1250 calories?

Replies

• loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Eat what you normally would eat. We all have days like that. When I have a day like that I just start over today. It is a new day and a new fight. I wouldn't limit your food today just because of yesterday.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had a super binge day yesterday... a whole afternoon of near- constant eating and a few drinks, which was bad enough, but then we continued and went to the pub for several more drinks, ok not so bad, and then BAM! Yup, late night 1/4lb cheeseburger and chips from the kebabby at midnight! I did my calorie tally today, and it looks like it was nearly 2000 over my limit! 2 days worth of eating in one! So don't feel bad hehe - today I have just got back to things as usual, climbed back aboard the wagon, and just moving on - I'm not doing anything else to burn off the sins, I don't want to feel that I have to pay penitence for having a good day, even if I was a complete pig! I think if you start punishing yourself you'll really start to loathe having a good time with food, and that's one thig I'm not prepared to do, I love food, I just need to love it in the right way is all!
    I feel much better today just knowing that things are on track one more :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Get back on the horse. 1 day doesn't kill progress. Just make sure it doesn't turn into 2 days or a week.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just write yesterday off and start over today, no worries!

Having a day a week where you go over isn't going to hurt you. My doctor told me that it was good to have one "binge" day a week (cheat day) to eat the foods I was missing, so that the diet would keep going and I wouldn't feel like I was depriving myself. After a while, you'll stop craving the junk and those cheat days will be even less.

Carry on with today as you normally would. And stay positive!
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    i did the same thing (fyi: alcohol makes you crave food..usually junk) Anyhow, i try to stay away from alcohol, just because it makes me angry the next morning due to "munching" while drinking....
    i would suggest today drinking lots of water, grilled cheese is also my favorite, but the sodium will move the numbers on the scale up....
    try water today, also heard banana's help "flush" sodium out of the body (i have no scientific proof, but my weight went back down 2 lb today)....
    good luck..:)
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Just restart today! Everyday is a new day :)
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Yesterday is behind you. Move forward. The guilt usually gets the best of me, and I always end up with the "Oh, one more day won't kill me". I'm notorious for making up every and any excuse I can. Keep the good work up!
  • StepBoomer
    StepBoomer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    best thing to do is not try to compinsate by depriving urself today. go about ur sunday as if it was any other, eat well hydrate and let it go.
    stessing over last night by starving will send ur body into shock and shut dwn.
    best of luck!!!
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had a binge day yesterday. I was amazed after 5 beers I was still keeping track of calories. lol Measuring everything is getting on my husbands nerves. I think we all need a binge day or at least a day to cheat. Just know that it didn't destroy our weight loss, we just need to get back on track and continue on.
  • Lisataka
    Options
    We all have those days. just start off with a clean slate and eat what you normally would and do a good workout and get back on track.
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I had a binge last night too...I'm going back to normal today, maybe working out a little harder.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Okay so yesterday i went for an hour walk and i ate all my calories for the day like planned and i was so happy then i went to a friends house and had 4 beers and came home and i was craving cheese so i made 2 WW string cheese into mozzerala sticks with bread crumbs and fried them in an electric skillet with lil olive oil then i got a brillant idea that i wanted a grilled cheese so of course i made one of those and it was heaven since i hadnt had one in months. Then i needed something sweet so i ate 2 christmas cookies. I understand that today is a new day and i need to start over but im over now on my weekly calories so should i limit what im eating today or just eat my normal 1250 calories?
    Yep, you blew it...
    So, today, forget-about-it. Gather your energies, buck up and move ahead.

I no longer go to gatherings, parties, bars and anywhere there is food and unfit people. I made new friends with health and fitness as a common interest. It's not that I am better.

No, I am WEAK!
    It's self-defense. I don't want to be fat, look bad and die too young.
    You need to think about your goals and cut from your life anything that will prevent you from reaching those goals: health, fitness, money, social, education, career or even spiritual.

That's a solution that works in my life, and I have reached all my goals, including fitness.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1 word...
    EXERSICE
  • westmountgirl
    westmountgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As has been said, just re-start today, but do enter those extra calories into yesterdays tracker. Hey, if you can't be honest with that, what's the point????

More importantly, get back at the water!!!! Stay hydrated! Drink (flush) those extra calories (and salt) away. I find this helps me A LOT when I "fall off my wagon"!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try and remember all the days that you did well, or were under. Sometimes I do work out a little more just because a lot of the time I feel every morsel of what I ate, and I don't feel that great. Kind of lethargic. Lots of water, and forgiveness, The sun is still going rise in the east, it's all okay!
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I know what i need to do but i have just been kicking myself today because it was food. Usually my binge is on Alcohol and then im so dehyrdated that when i step on the scale it goes down LOL. Today im going to stick to my Nutrisystem diet as planned and get over yesterdays failure and keep moving ahead. Thanks everyone for the support. Its always nice to have.
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have gone way over my limit yesterday too.

I left space for my lasagne dinner however my partner used different ingredients, my portion was huge and I had 2 WW garlic pains. After, we had 2 bottles of wine between us and I munched on some cheese. This morning I woke up looking through the bin getting packaging out to put up all the calories from my evening binge ... 900+ calories ... it's all there in red ... it's a reminder for me.

So you see, we all have our days when we go over, the important thing is never to give up but push yourself the next few days by exercising a little bit more - at least that is what I intend to do. :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Proceed as normal today.

But you might also want to consider re-evaluating your calorie goal. 1250 isn't much food, and maybe if you ate a little bit more every day, your body wouldn't feel the need to have a binge.

On the other hand, sometimes a once a week binge is EXACTLY what our bodies need. If I were a gambling woman, I'd put money on you seeing a bigger drop on the scale this week. Maybe not right away, because there's bound to be a bit of a bloat from the beer and munchies, but soon.
  • ncrissey460
    Options
    Proceed as normal today.

But you might also want to consider re-evaluating your calorie goal. 1250 isn't much food, and maybe if you ate a little bit more every day, your body wouldn't feel the need to have a binge.

On the other hand, sometimes a once a week binge is EXACTLY what our bodies need. If I were a gambling woman, I'd put money on you seeing a bigger drop on the scale this week. Maybe not right away, because there's bound to be a bit of a bloat from the beer and munchies, but soon.

Im on Nutrisystem and the goal is 1250/1350 so i start with 1250. Im not one bit hungry on this diet. I honestly wasnt hungry when i made food last night i just didnt feel like being strong yesterday and saying NO to myself. The whole time i was making it i was saying to myself your going to regret this 2morrow but the little devil on my shoulder said "AHH it will be okay just go for it!"
  • ncrissey460
    Options
    I have gone way over my limit yesterday too.

I left space for my lasagne dinner however my partner used different ingredients, my portion was huge and I had 2 WW garlic pains. After, we had 2 bottles of wine between us and I munched on some cheese. This morning I woke up looking through the bin getting packaging out to put up all the calories from my evening binge ... 900+ calories ... it's all there in red ... it's a reminder for me.

So you see, we all have our days when we go over, the important thing is never to give up but push yourself the next few days by exercising a little bit more - at least that is what I intend to do. :flowerforyou:

Makes me feel better that Im not alone. I do plan on trying to doing something active today. Wish i had a boyfriend cuz i know what kind of exercise id love to engage in right about now! LOL Guess its just a walk for me!