Calories for Insanity suggested does not equal calories burn

Options
Okay so I did the calorie calculations for insanity and it was 1900 cal a day. At this current point I eat about 1600 calories with about 600-700 burned and am losing about 1/2 to 1 lbs a week. I wore my HRM when I did the insanity workout (day 1) and burned 425 calories. According to MFP, if I add that to my 1200 base calories, I only get 1625 calories for the day. This does not equal 1900. HELP!!! Do I eat what is suggested on the insanity literature or eat my 1200 plus what I burn? I want to lose weight not gain.

Replies

• kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump! Please help! I trust what you all have to say.
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Manually adjust your calorie intake... I had to do the same while doing insanity...
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If what you've been doing has you losing 1/2 to 1 pound per week, I would keep doing that until something changes. According to your ticker. you only have about 20 to go, so 1/2 to 1 per week is the perfect rate if you want to lose primarily fat and preserve muscle. If your progress slows for a few weeks, then you can adjust your calorie intake accordingly. But as long as you're losing 1/2 to 1 pound per week, it looks like you've found the right deficit for you.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If what you've been doing has you losing 1/2 to 1 pound per week, I would keep doing that until something changes. According to your ticker. you only have about 20 to go, so 1/2 to 1 per week is the perfect rate if you want to lose primarily fat and preserve muscle. If your progress slows for a few weeks, then you can adjust your calorie intake accordingly. But as long as you're losing 1/2 to 1 pound per week, it looks like you've found the right deficit for you.

I just re-read your original post and realized you just started Insanity... Hmmm.... You're going to have to play with the numbers until you find what works. I would try 1800-1900 for a few weeks and see how your body responds. You can always adjust up or down from there.