Does anyone have set meal/snack times

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

Since starting here in Jan, I've counted cals but never had a certain allotment for any meal and didn't eat meals/snacks at any specific time
What worked for me was eating every 2-3 hrs

Since I obviously have an issue with food/eating and problems with occasional binging....I've been reading that it's suggested to set a set time to eat every day that way you know when to begin and when to stop....trains our body...that grazing cam sometimes lead to binges etc

Just wondering if anyone has set meal/snack times and if so why?

Thanks, kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Since starting here in Jan, I've counted cals but never had a certain allotment for any meal and didn't eat meals/snacks at any specific time
    What worked for me was eating every 2-3 hrs

Since I obviously have an issue with food/eating and problems with occasional binging....I've been reading that it's suggested to set a set time to eat every day that way you know when to begin and when to stop....trains our body...that grazing cam sometimes lead to binges etc

Just wondering if anyone has set meal/snack times and if so why?

Thanks, kim
  • jessjess
    jessjess Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I have scheduled eating times:
    Breakfast: 7:00
    Snack: 9:00
    Lunch: 11:00
    Snack: 2:00
    Dinner: 5:00
    Dessert: 6:00

I started doing this because someone told me to eat every 2-3 hours, six times a day to keep my metabolism up. Now that I've been ding it for a while, my body has adjusted and I know that when I get hungry...it's time for my 2:00pm snack. :wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I totally do but that's just because of the job I have.

Breakfast is around 9
    Snack at noon
    Lunch and 12:30pm
    Snack at 3pm
    Dinner around 5:30-6ish
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do the same:

6:30 a.m. breakfast
    9:30 a.m. snack
    12:30 p.m. lunch
    3:30 p.m. snack
    6:30 p.m. dinner

I don't usually have a snack but if I do I'll have it a couple hours later. It works great for me. My energy level is consistent, rarely hungry and I feel great!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Maybe, but I don't know. ha ha ha. I eat when I am hungry or when I have time to eat.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It helped me to not only plan my day's eating in advance but to eat at a preplanned time.

Breakfast after walking and feeding the dogs

Lunch---our big meal---at noon unless my husband plays golf, then I have a snack at noon and the meal when he gets home

Dinner ---a smaller meal---at 5PM

snack ----cereal and soy milk or plain yogurt at 8:30 PM ( a little later if we go out but always an hour or more before bedtime.

Good luck:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I do...

7:00ish breakfast
    10:00 snack
    12:00 small snack
    2:00 lunch
    4:00 snack
    6:30ish - dinner
    8:30sih- snack
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I have never been able to keep a schedule lol and i work from home so it makes it harder.

I love to graze so I go with my habits instead of fighting them. I usually have my meals preplanned and in my log ( I just eat them when I am hungry) and then I go to the bottom and just add snacks I think i may want. I log them and then put them all together in one place like a tupperware container or bag and then I can grab anything I feel like out of there whenever Im hungry and I know that its already accounted for.

this works for me because can keep some flexability about when I eat and feel like I am snacking and grazing whenever I want but once my snacks are out thats it !
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I eat when i'm hungry, no set time.:smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

ok...we will play...what times of the day do you get hungry?:laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

bahahaha....I seem to get hungry somewhere around breakfast, then around lunch, and usually again in the evening....lol....personally I couldn't care less about regimenting my body, I eat clean, so it doesn't really matter when I eat, but I do find that after woopy i'm unusually hungry, what's up with that? :tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

bahahaha....I seem to get hungry somewhere around breakfast, then around lunch, and usually again in the evening....lol....personally I couldn't care less about regimenting my body, I eat clean, so it doesn't really matter when I eat, but I do find that after woopy i'm unusually hungry, what's up with that? :tongue:

some things are just good ......actually...its all good...why not let it be good?...we can so lets