Stretch marks and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I heard BioOil works amazing for stretch marks. I believe it is just Vitamin E oil, but you will have to double check on that. It smells fantastic and leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth. It's kinda pricey per bottle ( I think around $20 ).

I don't have stretch marks on my tummy, but I do have them on my hips and breasts from puberty. To be honest (and this might sound weird to people), I like them. I call them my tiger stripes ;) they are like my tattoos, minus the pain. I could very easily hate them and be put off by them but they are a part of my body that might not go away - so I chose to accept them and make them into something positive.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    And just to chime in with a guys point of view - don't obsess too much over stretch marks....we really don't notice them too much.....they are merely reminders that you carried our children and that you lost weight to try and look good for us (never mind that we already think you look great).

You must be related to my husband... I already love you.....
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    And just to chime in with a guys point of view - don't obsess too much over stretch marks....we really don't notice them too much.....they are merely reminders that you carried our children and that you lost weight to try and look good for us (never mind that we already think you look great).

This is the sweetest thing ever! :) Thanks for saying that!

I bragged about not having any stretch marks during my whole pregnancy & up until a few months ago. 40 lbs later, now that my skin isn't as stretched out from being bigger, I guess...they have begun appearing! They are white & not too extremely noticeable, but I am seeing them around my belly button area! It kind of stinks, but I'd rather have a nice, flat, defined stomach with some white stretch marks than the huge non-stretch marked belly I used to have! ;)
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different. I had two 8 lb, 21" long babies (the youngest is 5 now!) and I still have a road map of stretch marks on my tummy that will likely never go away. I have some loose skin too after my weight loss.

I try to use the skin firming lotions and do lots of ab exercises. I'm doubtful that the lotions help but ya' never know. I'm hoping if I build a six-pack the skin will wrap around that and not be so noticeable. One can dream....right?!