Frustrated and losing interest

Options
124»

Replies

• CassysRoses314
    Options
    It's either water weight or that TOM. Also if you have been working out remember that muscle weighs more than fat so that could be a good thing. I gained a pound but lost 3 inches!! Don't be discouraged kepp up the good work!
  • mamabosha
    Options
    Do not weigh yourself every day. Some days you may have some water weight gain that is not really a true weight, but does add on for a little while. Do it either every other week or once a month. Much more than that and you are putting too much pressure on yourself and that leads to weight gain.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it has been said, but scales lie. You should measure yourself (chest, waist and hips). Weight fluctuation can be as much as 4-5 pounds without any fat being put on because of water retention, food in the digestive system, and a bunch of other factors.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think you need to give it more time. Don't weigh yourself again until the end of Jan - I'll bet you see results!

^^ This. Weighing myself too often harmed more than it helped. I'm down to once a week rather than daily (sometimes 2x daily). The day-to-day fluctuations can make you feel frustrated, so waiting to weigh yourself until you've settled into your healthy routine to see results can sometimes help you see that there truly is progress being made.
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    scales can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in one day. A few hints I learned with my last go round of weight loss:

*Dont weigh yourself daily. Once a week or twice a week will suffice
    *Weigh yourself at the same time every weigh in
    *Weigh yourself wearing the same thing (or lack thereof) everytime

It truely makes a difference. Weighing ourself daily ..at different times of the may encourage one weigh in and discourage the next. Also, dont focus only on the weight. Notice how your clothes start to fit you differently and how your body feels.

Good luck
  • cris1582
    Options
    Sometime I see my weight fluctuate that way if I eat late. I would say try to make sure you eat and stop eating the same times to get accurate results on the scale. Or space out the weigh ins for noticeable difference.
  • Jennypins
    Jennypins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    just read this. and watch that video at the bottom. http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/

when you really want to drop the weight and get healthy and be fit, you will be.

I really needed this. I lose my momentum SO easily. I just printed out his IT WILL require commitment and dedication - It IS worth it. The whole list. Will be hanging on my fridge.

As a reminder that it isn't easy, be patient, and it will be worth it.

Love this.