HELP! can't lose back fat or breasts!

Options
I've been here for awhile and I'm down from 215 to 177, which is great. My legs and stomach look amazing, but that's not why I started this fitness thing! No matter how much I work out, my back is still fatty and disgusting and my breasts will not go away. I'm a 36 DDD, so ladies, you understand how hard it is to find anything that fits comfortably at this size. I can't find any clothes that fit right because I am so top heavy. They are also causing more back pain than ever before and it's making exercise difficult.

I'm sick of being a pair of boobs and nothing else!

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix my problem? I do excessive amounts of cardio everyday and I do supposed back exercises to help fight the fat. I just can't understand how the fat melted off everywhere else, but not from the two areas that I started this program for.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    " I do excessive amounts of cardio everyday and I do supposed back exercises to help fight the fat. I just can't understand how the fat melted off everywhere else, but not from the two areas that I started this program for."

Forget all of this ^^. Instead,.eat a mild calorie deficit, be mindful of your macros, add strength training, and give it time.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I see my back fat slowly going away. The only thing I've done that I know is working is, the 30 day shred. I'm having issues getting my cup size to go down from a D to a C. I started at 250 and now down to 165. I went from a 40 E to a 40 DD now down to a 36 D. At my smallest I was a D cup so I wonder if mine will ever reduce more. I hear push-ups are suppose to help with this, I do them every day and still not noticed any change. Chest flies, get 3lb weights or other weights and lay on the ground with your knees like you'd lay for sit-ups and put the weights in your hands over your chest with a slight bend in the elbow and bring them down keeping that slight bend in the elbow. The 30 day shred has these in there.

Dumbbell roll's can help with back fat, standing in a squat like position, feet hip width apart, dumbbell's in your hands bringing your shoulders back and squeezing them together. I'm sure other people might know more.
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You will probably never lose your breasts. I have been the same size as you and my bra size changes, but the cup size stays the same. You can tone and do strength training to gain muscle tone in your back and chest, but it will not make them any smaller.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    " I do excessive amounts of cardio everyday and I do supposed back exercises to help fight the fat. I just can't understand how the fat melted off everywhere else, but not from the two areas that I started this program for."

Forget all of this ^^. Instead,.eat a mild calorie deficit, be mindful of your macros, add strength training, and give it time.

^^This. Also...are the women in your family generally busty? You might have to have a breast reduction. I have a great friend who is thin everywhere except for her giant chest and it causes her a lot of back pain and she is considering a reduction.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

^^This. Also...are the women in your family generally busty? You might have to have a breast reduction. I have a great friend who is thin everywhere except for her giant chest and it causes her a lot of back pain and she is considering a reduction.

You should introduce me to your friend.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Listen to koosdel. He knows his stuff, even though he doesn't have ginormous breasts.

Everyone is correct though, the back fat will go away with strength training and overall body fat % reduction, and the breasts may just always be there if it's in your genetics.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Have you gotten fitted for a new bra? You may have lost weight in your chest and back but don't feel like it. If you are wearing a bra that is the wrong size you might not be getting the support you need. This could cause pain by the end of the day. Other than that, it sounds like you have been doing a great job. Keep at it. I hope you find the answer you are looking for.
  • anshaw03
    anshaw03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Hahaha, made my day!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

This. Do deadlifts, squats, cleans, etc. I lost my back fat in time when I did strength training regularly before getting pregnant. Now I'm back at it.
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Koosdel is right, get some strength training in there! You can do all the cardio you want, but you're not going to build any muscles, which you need to fight fat!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Sorry Koos! She's married!
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I wore a 42DD.... 56lbs lost, and somehow I am now a 36DDD. Everyone around me makes comments about how most women go flat chested when they lose weight, but mine got bigger. Such an inconvenience!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    You can't 'spot treatment' fat. It comes of how it comes off. You can only burn overall fat.

We tend to lose weight last in the area we gained first. I put most of my weight onto my middle region and that will be the last weight to lose. It sucks. But it's the way it is. Just keep pushing on!

I'd love to lose some boob too! LOL :)
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I don't have any boobs left lol.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    No personal experience, but my friend lost 40lbs and the strain on her back became worse when she became "top heavy". She ended up having to get a reduction and the back pain is now gone.
    When I started losing weight, I wore a 42DD.... 56lbs lost, and somehow I am now a 36DDD. Everyone around me makes comments about how most women go flat chested when they lose weight, but mine got bigger. Such an inconvenience!
    I hope mine get bigger!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love my boobies...that is all
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    If your bra size isn't changing, then that's probably how big your boobs are meant to be.
    You're probably wearing a bra that's too small for you & isn't giving you the support you need & creating the illusion of back fat.
    If it's really bothering you, then you could always get a reduction?
  • karincarney
    karincarney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Soma makes a great bra that helps eliminate the look of back fat. The sales people there are great at figuring out the proper fit.
    good luck!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Drop them off at the mall and tell 'em you'll be right back. Then don't come back.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything! and my mom is an A cup and most of the rest of my family is a C at best... I got screwed! Maybe I was switched at birth...

Thanks for the suggestions though!