WHY WON'T IT BURN!?

Options
Ok, so i have noticed that ever since i have gone back to the gym, i haven't been getting soar AT ALL! I did the eliptical on an incline of 8 and a crossramp of 3 and i did sweat alot but i don't get those soar pains anymore, Does that mean i'm more muscular now? And does this mean that i won't be able to lose body fat??? Please help and thank you!

Replies

• avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When you get sore, it's just your body not being use to the work-out. I stopped getting sore about a week after I started and I'm still seeing results. So I don't think not being sore means your not burning anymore fat. You most def. are. It's just more comfortable now :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Soreness is simply inflammation in connective tissues. It naturally decreases over time. It's not an indication of a productive or unproductive workout.

Though I'll admit, even knowing all this, it still feels good, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i have noticed that ever since i have gone back to the gym, i haven't been getting soar AT ALL! I did the eliptical on an incline of 8 and a crossramp of 3 and i did sweat alot but i don't get those soar pains anymore, Does that mean i'm more muscular now? And does this mean that i won't be able to lose body fat??? Please help and thank you!
    No soreness means your muscles are conditioned for the exercise you're doing. Calorie expenditure and calorie intake dictate weight loss. So as long as you're in calorie deficit, you'll still keep losing weight. But just don't rely on cardio to lose weight. You get much better results by doing strength training combined with cardio and good diet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition