when im at home i feel like eating all the time! how do you

Options
please!

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Keep a bottle of water with you all the time. When you feel like eating, drink.

Try to keep to set time table of when to eat...

And find something to do! I eat because I'm bored. It's something to do that I find pleasant (more pleasant than mopping, anyway), so I have to catch myself a lot when I'm home and ask if I am actually hungry.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I try drinking more water & chewing gum.
  • ckkh
    ckkh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lots of herbal tea, gum and the occasional sugar free candy.
  • kirstysnan
    kirstysnan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I work from home a lot - at the kitchen table!! It can be hard but I make sure there is nothing naughty in the cupboards and I try to snack on very low calorie foods. A cup of low calorie hot chocolate can take away sweet cravings and fill you up. Water as Forensic suggests and fruit. and I also agree about keeping busy.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I have sliced green peppers, baby carrots and chunks of califlower prepared int he fridge at all times. I also measure out 8 cups of water in a container and never eat anything before I drink water. I set the time on my cooking stove to let me know when it is time to snack or meal eat.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Find a new home.

Or get a bunch of hobbies that keep you too busy to worry about food.
  • gretchensnyders
    Options
    Lots of herbal tea, gum and the occasional sugar free candy.
  • amitch17
    amitch17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find if you shop once a week and only buy what you need for that week it helps, even two weeks. Then you dont have extra stuff in the house that's bad for you, and i try to stay away from anything that doesnt spoil easily. Whenever youre hungry DRINK. I drink protein shakes with almond milk (low in cals and carbs) if water just isnt cutting it.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am home all day everyday. I try to get out side, walk, run, prep garden. Get the herb garden prepped. Visit neighbors see if they need help cleaning there home, cooking. Just need some one to talk to them :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Seriously I wish I could tell you, but I literally had a switch flip recently. I used to have the desire to snack ALL of the time when I was home, but lately I haven't really been doing it at all. I have been keeping pretty busy in general so that helps for sure! I think that it is definitely easier said than done. For myself, I recently became unemployed so I think I had to get myself in the mindset of not snacking and eating all day now that I am home all day instead of being gone for 10 hours a day! I don't want to undo everything I have spent the last year doing!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try to plan out my meals ahead so I know what I will be eating during the day and now instead of eating in between I start working out (at home or the gym) or I drink a glass of water.

What helps me too is to eat things that make me feel being full instead of drinking a hot/cold chocolate, eat ice cream or chocolate (I did that really a lot).
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just don't have anything in to eat! I buy all my foods for a specific meal, so I have none spare.
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I chew sugarless gum to curb the munchies! Works great for me :)
  • mos1971
    mos1971 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    do my washing
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Get OUT OF THE HOUSE and do something productive.
    When I am home, I start grazing here and there, then nibbling on this and that - a cookie here, a bit there.

Next thing you know I am in a full blown binge.
    I know my triggers.

Get out and do something.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue.. I have started getting up and getting busy with something anytime i get like that
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Try water with crystal lite or ocean spray cran crystals if u don't like water. Healthy snacks that will fill u but not add many calories are plain popcorn (w/ pepper or old bay) or flavored rice cakes. I've grown to like baby carrots w/ fat free ranch, hummus, or lite Italian dip. You can eat as many greens as you want, but the key is finding low cal condiments to add taste.

Either that or Get out of the House!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I drink some water or tea. Or I try to get some household things done.... or take my baby and go for a walk! I know, its hard sometimes, I just visualize looking better in my skin
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Honestly, eating is the last thing I even think of... Between cleaning, laundry, errand running... I just dont have an interest.

Ive been lucky this weekend though... been in bed the entire weekend for about 4 days sick with a massive upper respiratory infection from hell.. cant taste anything... not even hot sauce.. its that bad... I had to force myself to eat something! LOL!!!

I have so much going on with regular days that when Im home, its playing catch-up... so I dont even think of going to that fridge or cupboard...

You really do need to stay busy both mentally and physically.... but to do that is entirely your responsibility to do... Like my friend Maximal here.. get out of the house... and get busy!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    This is a constant struggle for me.. I work from home, sometimes 5 days a week. I suggest getting out of the house or drinking a lot of water.