Newbie and need inspiration!!!

Options
So this is my second week on MFP and loving it so far. However like all other things I have tried in the past... my third and my fourth week is the hardest for me. I am going on 38 in a couple of weeks and I really want to get in shape before I turn 40. I find I am always finding excuses to stay on track.. but more often reasons to get off track. I loose weight and start to feel good, people tell me I hold my weight well when I tell them how much I weigh. In the back of my head it is as if I am accepting being fat... but why not... I hold it well. I'm just so tired of being unhealthy, tired of having no energy, tired of being fat. I have accepted it for several years now telling myself I am who I am take it or leave it... Making myself believe that I am happy with whom I am. Don't get me wrong... I am happy in life... just not 100% happy in me. I have over 100lbs to lose. Last November I decided it was enough and started to lose weight on my own... but then, I hit a plateau and started to feel overwhelmed until I was introduced to this site. The past two weeks have been awesome. But now I am back to wanting to give up.

Does any one else feel like this. Why is it that I want to give up all the time?? Does anyone else have this issue... how do you over come this feeling. Help!!!

Replies

• dlembry
    Options
    Hello I'm a newbie on here too and I feel the same I'm turning 50 in 2 weeks and I KNOW I need to change my lifestyle. My goal is to lose 70 lbs and just feel better about myself. If it ok I like to add you as a online workout friend, Thank you Dave
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm new on here to, just a few days. I always seem to give up unless I have someone watching over me. I saw my dr. a few years ago and dropped 40 easy because she kicked my but the second I stopped seeing her it started creeping back up. I think everyone needs to have some kind of support to just keep going. I believe you can do it. You can add me if you like and we can work together. :smile:
  • judywitdabootie
    Options
    Hi there I also just recently started this program also, when I read your post I realized there are people out there just like me. I too have tried to be comfortable with how I am and now at the age of 48 I have health issues so it is a matter of well being now. I too have a 100+ to loose and hopefully together we can support each other and we can get the answers to your questions together. I believe the more support system we have, we can do it!