No weight loss :(

Options
I dieted all week and excercised, and i didn't lose even 1 lb, im so upset!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• kitteerae
    kitteerae Posts: 65
    Options
    I dieted all week and excercised, and i didn't lose even 1 lb, im so upset!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I"m in the same boat, no weight loss for two weeks. But it's ok, we'll get there!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Are you watching the amount of sodium you are taking in because you could be retaining water.I would watch your sodium intake .Don't be upset you didn't lose anything just keep doing what your doing and the weight will come off.
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    Options
    That is an awesome point!! I totally don't think amout sodium intake when I step on the scale after having lost just to find I gained it back, then weigh again to see it gone. I am always like what the heck!! Women and water retention sucks!! I definately need to moniter my salt! Thanks for the reminder!! Lisa
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome point!! I totally don't think amout sodium intake when I step on the scale after having lost just to find I gained it back, then weigh again to see it gone. I am always like what the heck!! Women and water retention sucks!! I definately need to moniter my salt! Thanks for the reminder!! Lisa

Glad I could help !! I was completely clueless about sodium intake until I started on here.I only eat 1500 mg of sodium a day.Nothing more nothing less!! I exercise 7 days a week for a minimum of 90 minutes but here lately its been 2.5 hours. So far I have had continuos weight loss.
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    Options
    Way to go! Those are stringent exercise goals! But just goes to show it does work! And I thought erveryone was lying to me all those years!! lol Lisa
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Don't give it a thought! A number of factors can be at play. If you are staying within your caloric limit, you will be pleased to see two or three pounds vanishing from your scales within a week. A possible (and positive), factor is that you are building muscle, especially if you are working even harder at getting your numbers down. Hang in there!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    dont be discourage you might lose extra next week.. At least that is what I am hoping !!!
  • frenchiefit
    Options
    It takes a while for your body to realize that you're not going to starve it, just shape it up. It can take 2-3 weeks before there is any difference on a scale - Besides sodium another thing to watch are the carbs, if you ae a woman trying to loose weight, you should have at least 20g per meal (meaning the 3 bigger meals) but maximum 60 . These are net carbs, ... you take total carbs and subtract fiber (fiber is not absorbed by the body) and that gives you the total net carbs that your body is going to use as fuel, more than 60 g per meal and your body will store it as fat. So even though you might be watching your total calories, the carbs are also very important. Try this for a few days and see if don't lose weight better. Slower weight loss (as frustrating as it might be) is better in the long run
  • totallyfitbuffalo
    totallyfitbuffalo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm kinda with you! I've been exercising for about 2 1/2 months and dieting for 1 and I didn't see any lbs coming off. It's frustrating when I look at some of my girlfriends and most of my guyfriends who eat whatever they want and don't gain a lb. But here are a couple of reminders: 1- MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!!!!! that has been my solace these past few months when I haven't seen anything coming off. 2. sodium intake that has already been mentioned 3. remember, the time of month matters too. I was getting so discouraged and upset last month when morning after morning, i weighed the same weight. I had forgotten though that before your cycle, you retain fluids and are more bloated. After my cycle started, I was shocked to step on the scale and see that I had lost 5 lbs overnight. And it wasn't a fluke either. Us girls have the woes of having to put up with that kinda stuff but in the end, you will see results!!!