I feel like such a slacker.

Options
I started coming down with something over the weekend; I knew it because I felt that familiar fatigue setting in. I was able to hold it off for a little while, but by Tuesday I was taking naps instead of my normal hour run. As a result I only went running twice this week instead of the 4 times I should have been able to.

I know that my first priority needs to be getting well, but just because I have to call into work doesn't mean that I have a lisence to eat whatever I want. I was doing ok, but with my dad's observation of lent I had to trade in a lean chicken dinner (what he normally fixes on Fridays) for the cheese pizza he ordered.

I feel like I slacked off so much this week. This just adds to the frustration of not losing anything over the past two weeks. :sad: I know I can get past this, I know tomorrow is another day, but it's just frustrating that I don't feel up to the exercise that I'm used to doing.

Replies

• ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I started coming down with something over the weekend; I knew it because I felt that familiar fatigue setting in. I was able to hold it off for a little while, but by Tuesday I was taking naps instead of my normal hour run. As a result I only went running twice this week instead of the 4 times I should have been able to.

I know that my first priority needs to be getting well, but just because I have to call into work doesn't mean that I have a lisence to eat whatever I want. I was doing ok, but with my dad's observation of lent I had to trade in a lean chicken dinner (what he normally fixes on Fridays) for the cheese pizza he ordered.

I feel like I slacked off so much this week. This just adds to the frustration of not losing anything over the past two weeks. :sad: I know I can get past this, I know tomorrow is another day, but it's just frustrating that I don't feel up to the exercise that I'm used to doing.
  • ericajewel
    Options
    I have totally been there before. It's hard when you get sick, and it takes a while to get better...you don't feel like excercising!! If if was me I would just try and get back on track (if u feel better) maybe start with a hour walk?? and work your way back up....once you get back to your running you will be good to go! and don't worry.....you are not a slacker!! it happens to everyone!!!
  • mx_burke
    mx_burke Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey there, I can definitely relate to your situation, not recently, but the last month was so hard for me, I go to school and i live on campus but dont have a car, so i always find going to the gym takes me so long to get there and i dont always find the time to go. I noticed that i was only able to make it to my gym like 2 times per week, and i felt like i was slacking really badly. But before I knew it, last week i managed to go three times, and then this week i figured that on the days that i didnt have time to take the bus to my gym, that i would just use the small workout room in residence or i would go to the school pool and do some laps, which actually burns alot of calories. Overall, i found an alternative and managed to workout 5 times this week. You will find alternatives, and you will soon get better, definitely take care of yourself, cause i know from experience, that if you dont focus on that and you push too hard, you will feel worse. Just do like erica said above, and start off slow with walks until you get better, so a more moderate exercise, or even do some beginner yoga and stretches, and then when you feel 100% start back with your running. You can do it girl!!!

160101.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I had migraines last week for about 3 days and then just felt all around cruddy up til yesterday. I skipped 3 days of working out and when I did do it, it seemed like it was half hearted. Today I got 30 mins in...which is my normal schedule, but burned less then normal as I kinda went at a leisurly pace.

I lost nothing since last Friday........at least I didn't gain is all I can think to say.............

Hang in there and get back on track.