Hiya!! Looking to lose weight but not money doing so!

Options
Hi I'm looking to lose approx 2 stone but don't want to do weight watchers or slimming world, think this is a fab idea and with a little motivation from others I'm sure I can do it!

I'd like to make friends here to motivate me.

Many thanks. Zoë

Replies

• ania0307
    Options
    Same here
    I don't like the idea of organised weight loss - eg weight watchers - prefer to spend the money on cycling gear :)
  • miacoffeesnow
    Options
    Money? What money? I need all the thrifty help I can get
  • bghere
    bghere Posts: 42
    Options
    Watching you calories, and eating lots of salad and chicken (not fried) and considering they are both cheap foods, you actually save money :smile:
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    me too, but dont fall into the trap where you get addicted and are on here all day! Remember to spend plenty of time (and no money) outdoors walking, running, enjoying life and getting exercise!!! That's the secret!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    this is free and eating healthy is cheap. We live mostly off lean meats and veggies. The of the statement that it costs more to eat healthy is a myth. Stay away from the expensive processed foods and hit up the produce section. We can feed our family of 4 on $50 per week most of the time.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I have never been able to understand where that myth came from- that eating healthy costs more. It doesn't. Junk food costs a whole lot more.
    this is free and eating healthy is cheap. We live mostly off lean meats and veggies. The of the statement that it costs more to eat healthy is a myth. Stay away from the expensive processed foods and hit up the produce section. We can feed our family of 4 on $50 per week most of the time.
  • rahonda28
    Options
    I think it depends where you live the futher north you live the more expencive fresh food is here in our state. Also the futher the drive to get it.The winter is the hardest and we have a shorter growing season here than down south. To keep my grocery bill low I buy produce thats been reduced for quick sale and use it fast. I also only buy whats on sale and stock up carrots, celery,sweet potatoes,red potatoes, squash, pumpkin, and onions because they have a longer shelf life then letuce. If Apples are cheeper then oranges Ill buy apples. Thats whats hard here canned fruit is cheeper than fresh but its also has more sugar and callories. Also its always the junk food that seemes to be on sale not the foods that are good for you so be careful. Look at your local ads and compare prices. Good luck
  • bghere
    bghere Posts: 42
    Options
    Another hint when shopping, shop the perimeter of the store and say out of the center aisles as much as possible..