question for weightlifters

Options
Hello,

Which muscles would you say responds first to exercise? It seems like my biceps are starting to firm up already. I've been working out since Jan. When am I gonna see a difference in these thunder thighs?? :laugh:

Any thoughts?

Replies

• mrsmojo82
    mrsmojo82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Which muscles would you say responds first to exercise? It seems like my biceps are starting to firm up already. I've been working out since Jan. When am I gonna see a difference in these thunder thighs?? :laugh:

Any thoughts?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Any thoughts?

the last place the body will deposit fat is the shoulders...so shoulders will show "cut" fairl quickly when worked....the upper arms can be a plae for fat deposits depending on several factors but MAY also have less fat deposits than the torso and upper leg areas.
    when starting with weights it is agod idea to start with the squats and the shoulder presses...many muscles are worked and balance type muscles also come into play
    hth
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I noticed (well other people noticed) my triceps first. My thigh muscles were firmed by walking at an incline on the treadmill, squats and plies. I noticed I can do lunges now where I could not before.
    Alas, there is still flab on my thighs but they are stronger.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    you use your arms for almost all your uperbody workouts and you arms are a small muscle group

Your legs are the largest muscle group they take twice the amount of work.

Try lunges lots and lots of lunges
  • mrsmojo82
    mrsmojo82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ok. Thanks everybody!