Michael Jackson Experience - How many calories???

Options
I got this game for my daughter for xmas and now I'm addicted to it. Love love love it. I'm surprised at how hot and sweaty I get too. Thing is how do I record it? How many calories am I burning when I'm playing? Anyone got any idea???

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Umm... I think maybe you could log it as 'running/yelling for help'
  • emoflosser
    emoflosser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was tired of guessing how many calories I was burning so I just bought a HRM, so i could be accurate as possible. Each exercise varies from each person's height, weight, and heart rate. It's a really good investment.
  • Pughey
    Pughey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Umm... I think maybe you could log it as 'running/yelling for help'

Haha, love it
  • Pughey
    Options
    I was tired of guessing how many calories I was burning so I just bought a HRM, so i could be accurate as possible. Each exercise varies from each person's height, weight, and heart rate. It's a really good investment.

A what???? lol. Sorry, new to this. Can you explain please :)
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options

HRM = heart rate monitor

there are tons of options, most ppl like Polar or Garmin depending on if you want to have GPS abilities.

the calculator in your diary tends to over estimate calories burned, so I would put in whatever you decide is a good description (i lol'd at running for help) and then reduce what the calculator says by a little bit. (for 1hr spin class, it is off for me by ~100 calories based on what my HRM says)
  • Pughey
    Options

HRM = heart rate monitor

there are tons of options, most ppl like Polar or Garmin depending on if you want to have GPS abilities.

the calculator in your diary tends to over estimate calories burned, so I would put in whatever you decide is a good description (i lol'd at running for help) and then reduce what the calculator says by a little bit. (for 1hr spin class, it is off for me by ~100 calories based on what my HRM says)

Wow, 100 calories is quite a difference! Ok, great, I'll have a look for one. I guess ebay or Amazon would be best??
    So does the HRM tell you how many cals you're burning or do you have to work it out for yourself?
  • emoflosser
    emoflosser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It tells you how much you are burning as you are doing it, based on your weight, height, and heart rate. I bought mine off of amazon and I believe it was $60. I wear one with the chest strap so it's continuous. Mine is a polar but I'm not sure what number it is.
  • Pughey
    Options
    I got one I got one!!! lol. Bought a cheap one off ebay and decided to go with one with a chest strap so that it ws continuous too. Wore it for the first time last night and felt really good that I had a more accurate idea of what I was burning. Thanks for the help.
  • Kippy110
    Options
    I love playing this game...I work up such a good sweat and I wanted to know how many calories was i burning using this game as well. I will go for a good hour a day now.