Hi there, new here

Options
Hi myfitnesspal world! I am a 5'3", 30 year old mother of 3. I downloaded the app to help me with my goals and after today I will have completed one week. Sadly that's about the longest I've ever lasted on a diet and I already am fighting the urge to slip even with the amazing results I've had this week. I just really like food!!

After the holidays I was tipping the scales at 200lbs. That's pretty close to my highest ever weight of 204 after my first daughter. I was a heavy kid, carrying around 150 on my small frame in high school. But for a blissful 2 years I weighed 117-120 lbs round about 9 years ago now. It all came back with a vengeance during a really stressful time and it kept piling on until I was a steady 185lbs. I started trying and failing at every diet under the sun for a while. Just over 5 years ago I got pregnant for the first time and have had 4 pregnancies and 3 kids since then. After each beautiful little girl I reach 200+ during pregnancy and nursing (I gain weight when nursing!) then when I stop nursing I get down to about 175 before I get pregnant again. Our business life has been as stressful as it gets so I have plenty of reason to feed my emotional eating habit as well.

Now i have a precious 6 month old. I am nursing and as usual I haven't lost a pound (before this last week), but at the beginning of May I am going to Hawaii with my husband for a convention/vacation. I would like to not hide from cameras. I would give anything to look like I did 9 years ago, but I know I didn't start soon enough for that so my goal on the "pushing it" side of realistic is 150. If I'm being completely honest, I also have a less-than-noble revenge-based motive with a deadline shortly after the Hawaii trip, and truthfully that is the more motivating goal. Does that make me a bad person?

My end goal is 115-120 and to fit into a pair of jeans I've been hanging on to for quite some time now. I know the soonest this could possibly happen is around the end of July so that my goal - 115 by the end of July and a benchmark of 150 by the beginning of May.

Long story short, I've had a great first week but my slipping determination has me realizing I need support from people who are where I am and/or have been there!

14145626.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• numee2012
    Options
    Hey hang on in there it is hard especially as you are a busy mum but you have to remember the end goal and take it a day at a time you are going to have days where you are more hungry and tired and want to eat the stuff that you shouldn't, i found chewing gum, drinking a nice cold drink and doing something to distract me helped. feel free to add me :O)