Bikers?

Options
Ok maybe not just bikers....but you're on the backroads passing through small towns when you get hungry perhaps a bit thirsty. Stop at the place with a few bikes up front, perhaps a sign saying Fish Fry and the latest beverage flashing in neon. Walk in, dust off, sit on stool, scan the very worn menu and realize fish is not the only thing fried; fried pickles, fried poppers, fried fish.....And smirking at all the heads turning in your direction when you ask for a glass of water.

So what do you do? How do you eat on the road?

Ok was strictly curious having just come in from such a day and ended up having a BLT and two poppers.

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    We often ride with a group, and surprisingly they will try to pick a restaurant that meets everyones needs. Biker restaurants might surprise you, my favorite will make me a salad from sandwich stuff even though they don't have salad on the menu, lol. Most will serve any burger without the bun or condiments slathered on but on the side. (Learned that from a biker who would scare the socks off you but he has to watch his calories and cholesterol). Most will also let you substitute a salad or sliced tomatoes for fries. Fancy restaurants give me the most trouble, they are more likely to say "no substitutions, roadside restaurants are usually way more flexible.
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Michelob ultra is low in calories Also if you keep to a min. could maybe have a captain and diet coke. Wraps are low in cals to. I'm a huge sucker to fried pickles so I guess for me I would just have to work out more.lol
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey medic....that's the same I would say for those pickles ;)