Way to go old man

Options
ce_fit
ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
Well today was my big 50! :drinker: I started this weight loss journey in January 2008 at 230 lbs I had a goal of 200lbs by the time I was 50. Did not quite make it ... I weighed in at 202lbs. I still feel like I have succeded as over the last 15 months I have changed my lifestyle and my eating habits. Very rarely will I have seconds, I have 3 meals a day with 3 snacks a day and I have started to work out 2 or 3 times a week.

I feel so much better!!! So this morning after I weighed in I had no problem looking in the mirror and saying "way to go old man" which was part of my original goal.

For all of you starting your journey the trip is so worth it. You will have successes and you will probally have failures of some sort. Don't sweat it ... keep going and you will acheive your goals!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ce_fit
    Options
    Well today was my big 50! :drinker: I started this weight loss journey in January 2008 at 230 lbs I had a goal of 200lbs by the time I was 50. Did not quite make it ... I weighed in at 202lbs. I still feel like I have succeded as over the last 15 months I have changed my lifestyle and my eating habits. Very rarely will I have seconds, I have 3 meals a day with 3 snacks a day and I have started to work out 2 or 3 times a week.

I feel so much better!!! So this morning after I weighed in I had no problem looking in the mirror and saying "way to go old man" which was part of my original goal.

For all of you starting your journey the trip is so worth it. You will have successes and you will probally have failures of some sort. Don't sweat it ... keep going and you will acheive your goals!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! *happy dance*

You've done an amazing job! I'm glad you're getting to enjoy your success and your new lifestyle.
    Happy Birthday, and may you have many, many, more happy healthy celebrations :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Congrats old fart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Not a failure by any means! Those two pounds will be gone in no time! Congrats on your success. I say, 50 years young!
  • mom24qties
    mom24qties Posts: 112
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    Hooray for you!!!!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ce_fit, I am so proud of you. I just turned 50 in January, and unfortunately, I am just starting my weight loss goal, but it is so inspiring to see people like yourself meet your goal, AND help others along the way. You are definitely a class act, and your whole family is probably very proud of you.

Happy BIrthday!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an inspiration and I so thank you for this post. I turn 50 in April and have just started my weight loss journey. I have been on this site just five days really and love it. Happy Birthday and thanks for the inspiration - I, too know I can do this now.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 2 little bitty pounds are NOTHING compared to the progress you've made so far... You look fantastic, and so happy, in your pic. Kudos on your accomplishment!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lor04311916
    lor04311916 Posts: 109
    Options
    happy birthday have a great day thats a fantastic achievment !
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Congratulations my good man! On both your success and your brithday. Your only as old as you feel and with your new lifestyle you wont feel 50 lol!

:drinker: CHeers:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great job & happy birthday!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ce_fit
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes and well wishes from everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    birthday.gif

AND

CONGRATS!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    First of all Happy Birthday!!! congrats on your weight loss, keep up the great work.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday! Congratulations on your achievement!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Happy 50th! :flowerforyou:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I haven't even read the rest of the posts yet...I just got tears in my eyes because that's my bi-line... Fit by fifty...I've lost a few pounds which is great...but I want to be rocking and rolling at 50...next year 3/18/09. You're an inspiration and congrats to you...The best part about reaching goals is standing in the mirror and looking at your reflection and saying "you did good"....'I rock"...so to you...cheers!!!! :drinker:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i think the best thing about you is your awesome attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats, you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i think the best thing about you is your awesome attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats, you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTITUDE IS EVERTYHING!

Just my $.02! :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!