A little about me

Options
I woke up Jan 6th and said, "This is the year I take it all off." Weight wise of course.:wink: I weighed only 98 lbs when I graduated high school, had a child, and gained 30 lbs within 5 years. I joined a weight loss program with a friend and easily lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks, then I got into a car wreck and lost 20 more in the next 8 weeks. I don't recommend that to anyone else. It took me 14 years to regain the 40 lbs, quit drinking, have another child, and add another 40 lbs. When my little girl was 2, I did successfully, through healthy eating and exercise, lose 35 lbs. Then my mother made a sarcastic remark that hurt my feelings and, rather than go back to drinking, I went back to eating. Since then, 12 years ago, I've regained the 35 lbs plus another 5, just because.

I've made some half hearted attempts to lose the weight but my heart just wasn't into it. I've been clean and sober for almost 16 years so it troubled me that I could not approach this in the same way and conquer what I see as a food addiction. This year I've decided to make life style changes necessary to improve my life. I started my quest on Jan 6th and have been successful every day for 2 weeks. I see success not in a number on a scale, but in my daily behavior and attitude. I've made losing weight and exercising a priority in my life, as important as maintaining my sobriety. I really feel like I'm going to be successful this time and it feels great!!

I was looking up calories today and found this site. I love it already and am so happy to join in the journey we have all begun.

Replies

• catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I woke up Jan 6th and said, "This is the year I take it all off." Weight wise of course.:wink: I weighed only 98 lbs when I graduated high school, had a child, and gained 30 lbs within 5 years. I joined a weight loss program with a friend and easily lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks, then I got into a car wreck and lost 20 more in the next 8 weeks. I don't recommend that to anyone else. It took me 14 years to regain the 40 lbs, quit drinking, have another child, and add another 40 lbs. When my little girl was 2, I did successfully, through healthy eating and exercise, lose 35 lbs. Then my mother made a sarcastic remark that hurt my feelings and, rather than go back to drinking, I went back to eating. Since then, 12 years ago, I've regained the 35 lbs plus another 5, just because.

I've made some half hearted attempts to lose the weight but my heart just wasn't into it. I've been clean and sober for almost 16 years so it troubled me that I could not approach this in the same way and conquer what I see as a food addiction. This year I've decided to make life style changes necessary to improve my life. I started my quest on Jan 6th and have been successful every day for 2 weeks. I see success not in a number on a scale, but in my daily behavior and attitude. I've made losing weight and exercising a priority in my life, as important as maintaining my sobriety. I really feel like I'm going to be successful this time and it feels great!!

I was looking up calories today and found this site. I love it already and am so happy to join in the journey we have all begun.
  • nibor
    nibor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a great "supportive" website. I think you'll find all the support you'll need to get you through your quest to lose weight. Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I love the picture. Its actually how I feel sometimes. hehe
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site:smile: .

You are doing great already!

Connie Lynn