Question about fitness/running shoes

Options
How many pairs of shoes do you have for exercising? What kinds of shoes (ie, running, walking, spin, yoga, aerobic, etc)? How often do you wear them? Do you let them air dry at least a day before wearing again? I know, a ton of questions! hahaha! A friend of mine said I only need one pair of shoes for running but I disagree and think I need different kinds for different activities and I rotate wearings so that my shoes have at a few days to air dry. Maybe I don't need as many as I think though and am looking for what everyone else does. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• chicklidell
    Options
    How many pairs of shoes do you have for exercising? What kinds of shoes (ie, running, walking, spin, yoga, aerobic, etc)? How often do you wear them? Do you let them air dry at least a day before wearing again? I know, a ton of questions! hahaha! A friend of mine said I only need one pair of shoes for running but I disagree and think I need different kinds for different activities and I rotate wearings so that my shoes have at a few days to air dry. Maybe I don't need as many as I think though and am looking for what everyone else does. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have shoes specifically for running-2 actually, a pair for raquetball, a pair for general gym activities.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    One pair of outdoor, longer treadmill running, one pair treadmill (for now) minimalist/barefoot running.
    One pair for weights (no need to breakdown running shoes faster with heavy weights).

Since I don't run everyday, no need to air out.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pair of running shoes. The Asics are my first pair that are pretty much worn out. I wear the Mizuno's now to run in. Due to having a young infant my running schedule isn't always what I'd like it to be so I don't have much of a reason to let my shoes air out. But it's a good idea that I haven't thought of before.