I'm about to start 30 day shred

Options
Please forgive me if this has been asked because I couldn't find anything in the search menu. I still have about 20 pounds to lode until I'm at my goal. As I understand it, most people on here doing 30DS don't lose weight doing it, but like the results.

Is it possible to notice changes whike still having 20 pounds to lose? Or, am I better off waiting until I'm at my goal to begin it?

Oh, and what weight hand weights will I need?

Replies

• naia16
    naia16 Posts: 35
    Options
    while i was searching on ebay for the video i saw the workout kit and it came with 3 lb weights. good luck to you! i just ordered the dvd and will be starting it as soon as i get it
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS when I had 12lbs to lose (that was my first goal). I did lose weight and inches and had to buy new pants, but it took me longer than 30 days - mostly because I wasn't always able to workout daily because of my schedule, illness or whatever. At some point I also added other Jillian DVDs - I think Banish Fat Boost Metabolism was my second purchase, and I'd alternate that with 30Ds every other day or so. I hit my goal after about 4 months or so, but like I said, I wasn't super consistent with my workouts (or my healthy foods!). But it did come off.

That was a couple of years ago, and since then I've accumulated a few more Jillian DVDs, fallen off the workout wagon a few times, but managed to lose another 12lbs (after gaining a few back), which puts me at about 20lbs lost since I first started working out with 30DS way back when!

So yeah - go for it! Its a tough workout, and as you progress, get some heavier weights and/or another DVD for variety and go for it! I started with 5lb weights (was all I had) and paid dearly for it for about 4 days (so much pain! LOL). I used 3lbs & even 2lbs for some of the exercises at first, and purchased heavier ones as I moved up. The heaviest I have now are 10lbs, but I would love a set of 12's, just need them to go on sale. :P I use different weights throughout the workouts depending on the moves. I can curl a lot more weight than I can when doing other moves because my biceps are stronger than my other arm muscles. :P So change 'em up as needed.