Quick Breakfast Ideas?

Options
kdolfi7
kdolfi7 Posts: 5 Member
I try to prepare my meals the night before, but I've been having trouble with breakfast. I need something I can whip up the night before or make in 10 minutes or less in the mornings. I work with children, so it also has to be something that doesn't require a lot of effort to eat (something portable or unlikely to get soggy if I have to walk away from it). Does anyone have any suggestions for quick, easy to eat breakfast recipes?

P.S. My usual breakfast is an english muffin or cereal... I would like some variety.

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal and or egg whites. Simple and quick. Lunch tuna fish with brown rice and sriracha..both are quick and I actually can do it at work in a microwave.

Of course fruit and veges are the quickest.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It sounds boring, but I have started relying on fresh fruit for quick and easy breakfasts. I was getting so bad about getting into the fast food rut and stopping by McD's every morning. Now, I always make sure to have fresh bananas, apples and pears on hand, as well as yogurt and smoothies that have 100 cals or less. Weight watchers makes "toaster pastry" type things in breakfast flavors as well as WW breakfast bowls with eggs and sausage in them. Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Bagel thin with low fat cream cheese, sliced deli turkey, sliced strawberries and baby spinach.
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Grapenuts with berries and yoghurt maybe? Won't go soggy. Or scrambled egg done in the microwave. Or make a salad? I used to always eat a light-lunch type meal for breakfast and it helped with weight loss because I was eating protein in the morning.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I usually eat fruit these days, but sometimes I boiled eggs ahead of time. All I had to do was peel and eat. Good luck.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do scrambled egg white over a wasa cracker with a wedge of laughing cow cheese and some salsa. It fills me up for about 3 hours. Egg white can be microwaved to be quicker.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am an oatmeal guy and I know this might be soggy. However, I soak my oatmeal in milk overnight and add almonds or walnuts, raisins or cranberries and cinnamon to the mix before eating. I usually have spent about 3-500 cal before breakfast - so this is a nice calorie dense meal. I sometimes use it before a long run on Saturday am.
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    English Muffin- Thomas Fiber 100 cal is what I use with 4 table spoons egg white (actually taste good) and 2 piece Canadian bacon 160 Calories total.
    Takes less than 5 min for this warm up CB in pan when egg is done.

You can always turn it into an omelet if you have what ever you want prepared for it the night before throw it in the pan add the veggies.
  • redfl
    redfl Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Naked Machine Smoothies... they are full of nutrition, taste great, are made with nothing buy fruits and vegetables and are totally portable. I figured out it was cheaper to buy these than to buy the ingredients for homemade smoothies. You can usually find them in the produce section. Don't be afraid of the green one... it tastes like an apple!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of pancakes and freeze them. In the mornings my kids like to pop one in the toaster, then wrap it around a banana and eat it. One of the little crazies puts peanut butter or nutella on it first.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Whip up a bowl with a few eggs, some chunks of ham, red peppers, a little cheese and pour them into a greased muffin tin. Bake until the eggs are jiggly anymore. You can throw them in the microwave in the am and your good to go!
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How about something like a Carnation Instant Breakfast that you add milk to? Those usually fill me up and you can eat a piece of fruit with it. I also like Fiber One Oats and chocolate bars. I'm trying to do less processed stuff, but some days, it's either something processed or nothing at all. I've also done like a yogurt parfait, made up the night before. Just some yogurt and frozen fruit, layered in a glass or dish. The fruit is thawed (mostly) by morning.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just made some low fat banana nut muffins...breakfast for the whole week with a piece of fruit or yogurt..you're good to go!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    150g of vanilla yoghurt and 50g of frozen raspberries, 100g of sliced strawberries or a passionfruit is my best breakfast.

Or

A slice of grain toast with 10g of raspberry jam (a good quality full of fruit one).

To be honest, I actually have the toast when I get up and the yoghurt an hour or so after arriving at work. Keeps my metabolism kicking all morning!!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I make these on Sundays if it will be a busy week.
    http://blogilates.com/recipe-index/quick-high-protein-breakfast-idea-clean-egg-muffins
    I like to add Jimmy Dean precooked turkey sausage crumbles and change up the seasonings. The morning before eating you can eat cold or microwave for a tiny bit.
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have made the biggest loser mini frittatas. Take the time to bake them, throw them in the freezer. thaw in micro and good to go. They are delicious and so easy to make. Breakfast is so important, so it is nice to have something you like!!

1 cup steamed broccoli chopped
    2 cups egg substitute
    2 oz (1c.) finely shredded light cheddar cheese

Divide broccoli evenly in 8 cups of a standard 12 muffin tin sprayed with Pam.
    Then divide the egg substitute evenly (1/4c.)
    Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes remove and add cheese. Bake for another 8-10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.

Serving size 2 frittatas

102 calories
    18g protein
    4g carb
    2g fat
    5mg cholesterol
    1g fiber
    362mg sodium
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    toast an english muffin (80-100 calories)-- take an egg and 1/2 piece of 2% cheese, torn into pieces... put it in a glass mug or glass measuring cup Pop the mug/cup in the microwave for 1 minute . Voila-- breakfast sandwich-- takes 2 minutes. You can carry it with you --easy to eat on the go. If you have time/ingrediants you can add pieces of ham, green onion, spinach... very easy --

When I have time.. and I am trying to save calorie-- I only eat 1/2 a muffin and skip the cheese ---

good luck. breakfast can be easy to miss.. but, its so important
  • Mocha02
    Mocha02 Posts: 96
    Options
    I just made some low fat banana nut muffins...breakfast for the whole week with a piece of fruit or yogurt..you're good to go!

You have the recipe to share? :flowerforyou:
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    English muffin, toasted with half an ounce of both ham and brie... Coffee with cream and sugar... Under 300 calories of satisfaction...
  • DaisiesGalore
    Options
    I spend about 30 seconds each morning preparing my breakfast! I eat fat-free greek strawberry yogurt, and sometimes I add Quaker granola. My favorite brand of yogurt is Lucerne, but there is something out there for everybody! I keep a container of granola in my car, so each morning I grab a can of yogurt and race out the door. When I'm at the stoplight at the end of my street, I sprinkle some granola in my yogurt, and stir. It's a nice, portable way to stock up on protein in the morning! I teach kindergarten, and it gets me through the morning.