- Net

What does it mean when I have a -Net? I am confused, I am a newbie. Thanks!

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    It probably means your burnt more than you ate, which is not good. You are not giving yoursef enough fuel.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    It probably means your burnt more than you ate, which is not good. You are not giving yoursef enough fuel.

This. Eat more. Net at least 1200 calories a day
  • Thanks. What should I do then? I do P90X everyday and its like 57 mins. average, then I do Zumba on the side on some days. I got used to eating not much because when I was trying to get off a lot of weight, I follow weight watchers and it worked, but was not doing P90X then.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    If you're doing that much, you especially need to eat more cause your body needs the fuel. Eventually, eating that low will either make you plateau or maybe even gain cause your body will hold onto whatever you feed it. On days that I burn a lot, I usually make a protein shake of yogurt, whey protein, milk and some fruit blended.. Usually ends up being 400-500 calories and the protein is necessary for muscle repair
  • If you're doing that much, you especially need to eat more cause your body needs the fuel. Eventually, eating that low will either make you plateau or maybe even gain cause your body will hold onto whatever you feed it. On days that I burn a lot, I usually make a protein shake of yogurt, whey protein, milk and some fruit blended.. Usually ends up being 400-500 calories and the protein is necessary for muscle repair

You are definitely right on the plateau....Since I started P90x, after 2 weeks, it dropped a whopping 5 lbs, exercise more intense but my calories consumed did not change. After 4 weeks of doing it, my weight stayed the same. I am at the end of week 5 and wanted to continue losing but as of today, I think my weight last week is the same as today. I also did weightwatchers, but I guess its just good for those who wants to control eating. I pretty much have controlled my hunger pangs. I guess I have to eat more, but of course healthy ones. Thanks for the insight!!