First 10 down

Options
I stepped on the scale this morning and it was an absolutely wonderful feeling! I've lost my first 10 pounds! With the I knew I could do it feeling I got I know that I can lose the next 65 too. And I decided that I'm going to do this with 10 pound mini goals, just so I can enjoy that same feeling of accomplishment over and over! And 10 pounds doesn't seem as hard or far off as another 65!

Congrats to everyone esle with their accomplishments and good luck to everyone still working at it!

Replies

• Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning and it was an absolutely wonderful feeling! I've lost my first 10 pounds! With the I knew I could do it feeling I got I know that I can lose the next 65 too. And I decided that I'm going to do this with 10 pound mini goals, just so I can enjoy that same feeling of accomplishment over and over! And 10 pounds doesn't seem as hard or far off as another 65!

Congrats to everyone esle with their accomplishments and good luck to everyone still working at it!
  • neecey
    neecey Posts: 16
    Options
    Stacey82,
    That is so so so Awesome!! Congrats ~ what are you going to do to celebrate? I always give myself a little something after the first 10! A manicure or pedicure, new work out pants, etc.
    I've been on this roller coaster before and this time the weight is coming off really slowly. I've only lost 6 pounds since Jan BUT I lost 2 this week so that isgood, right? 4 more to go for my first celebration! I think it's pedicure for me!
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    congrats!:flowerforyou: Kepp up the good work.
  • Stacey82
    Options
    Stacey82,
    That is so so so Awesome!! Congrats ~ what are you going to do to celebrate? I always give myself a little something after the first 10! A manicure or pedicure, new work out pants, etc.
    I've been on this roller coaster before and this time the weight is coming off really slowly. I've only lost 6 pounds since Jan BUT I lost 2 this week so that isgood, right? 4 more to go for my first celebration! I think it's pedicure for me!

I tried convincing my husband to by me jewelry(diamonds) for every 10, but he thinks that will be quite costly! So I think I might just go with a small indulgence and get something chocolate, it's my favorite food group and I've left it out so that I can become healthier. For the next 10 I'm thinking new pants, mine are getting loose!
  • Stacey82
    Options
    congrats!:flowerforyou: Kepp up the good work.

Thank you so much!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Good Job, you are doing great. Weight loss is journey not a destination.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    I agree - that first time you see a 10 on your ticker, it's pretty exciting. I kept coming back to look at it! :wink:
    I'm hoping it's just the beginning of a LOT more!
    :bigsmile:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Congrats! I'm looking forward to my first 10 too, keep up the good work :heart:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Keep up the great job:flowerforyou: :drinker: Always feels good to loose the first ten. :drinker:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Whoop-whoop!!! Double digits!!! Awesome job, and remember that feeling to keep you going!!!:bigsmile:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling and awesome motivation. Keep it up :drinker:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    congrats!!!!! :smile:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    wtg.jpg
  • Stacey82
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!

This is such an awesome site, you're all so supportive and helpful! I just can't thank you enough.

Good luck to all of you as well!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is awesome, keep up the great work.
  • neecey
    neecey Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow - look at you! Your ticker says you lost 36 now! Looks like you're about half-way to yoru goal!!
  • Stacey82
    Options
    Wow - look at you! Your ticker says you lost 36 now! Looks like you're about half-way to yoru goal!!

Just this morning the scale told me it loved me! 37.2 pounds, that's 0.2 pounds past my halfway mark! I haven't had the tape measurer out in a while, but I'm down 4, yes 4, pant sizes! I feel better than I've felt in years and I have more energy than I ever remember having!

This whole journey has been such an eye opener, my husband and I are both losing weight and getting into better shape and this has helped to get the kids eating better and making better choices before weight becomes an issue for them.

This site is AWESOME and I tell everyone that asks how I lost weight about it. It's not the quick and easy fix and it's definitely not the answer most people want, but boy is it ever worth it!

Thank you all for your wonderful support and advice, my success is just as much yours as it is mine!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring. If I lose half as much as you have, in the same amount of time, I'll be thrilled. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!