Insanity?

Options
Is anyone doing insanity/have done insanity? I just started a 60 challenge tonight. Wowza! I'm curious to know what kind of results people have been getting. :bigsmile:

Replies

• MrsVDDS
    MrsVDDS Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm planning on starting Insanity tomorrow! Looking forward to it! Good luck to you!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Insanity rocks!!!!! Stick with it and you will see results and feel like a million bucks!

Deb
  • MDVOID
    MDVOID Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Insanity fit test, and I'm trying to find out how many calories I burned and how to log it. BTW I did abysmally bad.
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    I just bought one coz I am still finishing P90X as my prep training. I hope to be better as soon as I start with it. I also needed to eat leaner meals so, I am prepping for the big day when I start Insanity as soon as I am done with P90X which is not until end of Feb.

Goodluck! I am scared of insanity to be honest.
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @MDVOID, I found it crazy hard too. I did better than I thought I would. I have to admit, I took a whole lot of comfort in seeing some of the participants collapse and him telling them to rest! :bigsmile: How many days are you going to do it?

@Deb, is insanity how you got looking like you are??? I'm totally ready to go for it. Although I struggled, I really liked it.

@MrsVDDS, good luck! Let us know how you like it!

@carla, I was freaked out but he does encourage a lot of rest periods. I felt very accomplished when I was done!
  • sshetland
    sshetland Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two of Insanity! I've been using it back and fore for the past few months but now I'm ready to push through those 60 days. Nice to see other users here who are giving it a shot! I just downloaded the MFP app three days ago, it's a great help for me on this road to better health. Good luck everybody, I'd love to struggle through and succeed together with you :)
  • Seventoad
    Seventoad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've used insanity in the past, but never made it all the way though. It is pretty deceptive to how hard it is. Not hard that you can't do it, just hard in that once you start you are amazed at what it puts you though. Some of the best workouts ive ever had though.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    I will finish insanity with my final fit test on Sunday. I will say I have lost inches and some weight. I probably would have lost more weight if i was more tuned in with the nutrition, especially eating enough etc. and water intake. It is a really good program and difficult for sure. I plan on starting another round the end of the month or so. I think after my 2nd round i will try asylum. will also be putting in some dumbbell work during my 2nd round if i can manage it. best of luck !
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing insanity/have done insanity? I just started a 60 challenge tonight. Wowza! I'm curious to know what kind of results people have been getting. :bigsmile:

I just finished the first week. Yes it's a challenge. I have to stop for a few and get back in it. Shaun T is no joke. I love how he keeps pushing and how the others have to take a break as well. Best of luck. Keep it up.
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    its amazing. my hint to finishing it is, dont finish the video if u dnt wnt to. i think 20 or 30 mins is enough. if i pushed myself through every video everyday id have quit day 3
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I just finished the Insanity fit test, and I'm trying to find out how many calories I burned and how to log it. BTW I did abysmally bad.

my advise would be for you to get a good heart rate monitor. as for logging it, you can either manually enter the workouts by name or just make an entry like " insanity HRM ". i added mine under the cardio section.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    its amazing. my hint to finishing it is, dont finish the video if u dnt wnt to. i think 20 or 30 mins is enough. if i pushed myself through every video everyday id have quit day 3

I do not agree with this opinion. the videos are set up so that you push yourself to get better. pause and take extra breaks and get back in it. if you watch the videos you will notice the people taking breaks then get back into it so just do what you can do, you will get better !!
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    I am doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid. I would say that the pace of Insanity is something else, and much quicker than P90X. I finished one round of P90X and went right into P90X/Insanity hybrid. Just the warm up of Insanity kicked my butt, the first few times. Stick with it, and the results will come, and the pounds will melt off. I am a huge fan of Insanity, and it definitely works.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Did a round last year and started another round on 12/26. Its a great feeling to go all the way through! Gotta admit though, it's pretty rough on my knee. It's already started bothering me again this round! Lots of jumping but totally worth it!!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I did 60 days of Insanity and it gave me amazing results! It took all of the weight off I wanted and now I am doing strength training and maintance calories!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I do not agree with this opinion. the videos are set up so that you push yourself to get better. pause and take extra breaks and get back in it. if you watch the videos you will notice the people taking breaks then get back into it so just do what you can do, you will get better !!

ya...if you want the results you have to push it hard....doing just 20-30 minutes defeats Shaun's whole theory....if you need to go slower or take rests is one thing...but dont turn it off until you finish
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Insanity! Like everyone has said, it is a challenge, but if you really focus on your diet, along with pushing yourself, you will no doubt see results. I started seeing real results right after the first month, during the cool down week. The slower, more isolated exercises really toned my abs, arms and legs. I wish I didn't have to return it to my cousin, I would do it again in a heart beat! Good luck!
  • CeCePII
    CeCePII Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity and I LOVE IT !! Currently I'm training for a Tough Mudder so I'm not doing the 60 day workout in order; however I do Insanity workout as a part of my training and I feel that the workouts have made me a better athlete. Good Luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
  • jasonmeurer
    jasonmeurer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can echo much of nukehiker's comments. HRM is key, get in your zone, stay there as long as possible and don't be scared to take breaks when you are over. I made it all the way through and lost 22 Lbs and at 6'1 220 to start was a great accomplishment for me considering I did truly watch my nutrition.

Make sure you are good to your knees! Land on the balls of your feet.....watch your form, very easy to sideline yourself.
  • rebeccarains
    Options
    I just finished day 6 today and LOVE IT! I like high intensity and even though I can't keep up (YET!) I feel great! Right after I started I realized how bad I need a heart rate monitor to make sure I'm in the zone and to track calories. I ordered one from amazon, it was only about $30 on sale with good reviews and I can't wait to get it!
    @classycouture I got the Deluxe version of Insanity off ebay for $75 with free shipping... it came from Japan or somewhere but it's brand new and complete. A lot cheaper than buying it from Beachbody.