hi, i'm new here

Options
kel9680
kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
Hi, I am 28 years old, have an 8 year old son, and its about time i finally get rid of the baby weight, plus some extra i've earned along the way!! I am determined to really do it this time, and am so glad i've found this site! seeing what i'm eating and how many calories are really in the things i eat has helped soo much! my husband even had double cheese fries with bacon last night, and I didnt eat them!! small accomplishment, but i was very proud of myself as I ate my salad and 2 very small slices of pizza!! (i know probably not the best thing to eat, but compared to the 3-4 slices plus the cheese fries I would have eaten, that was great, and I didnt go over my calories!!)
anyway just wanted to say hi, i've been reading the boards for a few days now, and have learned lots of useful info!!

Replies

• kel9680
    Options
    Hi, I am 28 years old, have an 8 year old son, and its about time i finally get rid of the baby weight, plus some extra i've earned along the way!! I am determined to really do it this time, and am so glad i've found this site! seeing what i'm eating and how many calories are really in the things i eat has helped soo much! my husband even had double cheese fries with bacon last night, and I didnt eat them!! small accomplishment, but i was very proud of myself as I ate my salad and 2 very small slices of pizza!! (i know probably not the best thing to eat, but compared to the 3-4 slices plus the cheese fries I would have eaten, that was great, and I didnt go over my calories!!)
    anyway just wanted to say hi, i've been reading the boards for a few days now, and have learned lots of useful info!!
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Good luck on your weight loss journey:drinker: :drinker:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    we are here for you, and yes you can do it. Good Luck!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Not eating fries is a HUGE deal. Celebrate the small accomplishments and make the changes slowly. I think you'll maintain it longer. You're going to love the journey.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,921 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great job on resisting the cheese fries. Learning to eat in moderation, smaller portions, 2 slices instead of 4 (just like you) has been so helpful for me. Good luck!
  • kel9680
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement! I was afraid I was going to get comments about how i shouldnt be eating the pizza at all, but the way that I see it is I can't just cut it out of my life completely, or I know I wont stick with it. so i have just been learning to eat less of the bad stuff, and make up for it with good stuff, like the salad, with light dressing! I actually ate my salad first so that i didnt just dive into the pizza. seems to be working for me so far, I havent felt like I am depriving myself of anything.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif

Good luck on a healthier you! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: