Calories vs working out

Options
So I'm under my calories pretty much everyday, but I don't work out very much. And I haven't lost weight in a couple weeks and I'm getting worried. I don't eat super great foods, which I'm working on. But would adding in some cardio help my weight loss?

Replies

• gym1bunny
    Options
    my answere is yes! just try to move as much as you can it will help you alot even if its walking 30 mins a day it will help to clear your head and give you the feel good feeling for a start (me time) as well as create calorie burn for you to hopefully lose a bit more. try to aim for 3 or 4 times per week. you can also challenge yourself try harder and go for longer. i hope this helps you x
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    try to eat more and you should lose weight then(sounds silly i know)
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I started off exercising and changing my eating habits, and started losing weight quickly, after about 2 months I lagged on my exercising and found that in 3 weeks I didnt lose. Move around your house, even with housework put more effort to it, walk around the block, park further away from the store, cardio helps burn calories. Pretty soon your body will ask for exercise..
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Plateaus happen to everyone. Like trud72 suggested, maybe try staggering your calories where one or two days a week, you try to eat a little bit above your limit. Keep your body guessing with the amount of fuel you're giving it.

Also, you could add in some exercise without thinking about it. Wear ankle weights when doing housework. Park further away the store. When you're at work, take a couple minutes every few hours to do some stretches.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So I'm under my calories pretty much everyday, but I don't work out very much. And I haven't lost weight in a couple weeks and I'm getting worried. I don't eat super great foods, which I'm working on. But would adding in some cardio help my weight loss?

Yes, it will help.

Even if somebody has regularly done cardio during the whole of their weightloss, they may need to up that once the weightloss starts to slow down.

If you have found you have suddenly not lost any weight, cardio will definitely help start it off again.