trying to get past those same 10 pounds!

Options
I used to be a thin athlete. Then I stopped playing sports (post college) and boom. Life caught up with me. I have been fighting to get past the first ten pounds. I lose it then gain it then lose it...you know the cycle. In all I need to lose about 65 pounds to be back at my college weight.

I don't have a lot of support on my end. New job, live on a small rural island, etc. I would love to find some support here (which is why we are here right :flowerforyou: ) I want to be motivated by your successes and know someone else is going through it too!

Thanks and all the best for an amazing new year!

Replies

• bghere
    bghere Posts: 42
    Options
    Welcome from one newb to another. Since you have been an athlete before you probably already know how to eat properly. The biggest challenge for me is the lack of time to exercise. I want to lose ten lbs, and my diet without exercise keeps me at that plus ten I don't want to be at. Our jobs consume a lot of our time, and as I am a cyclist, that is usually not a five minute workout. My realization is that no matter what amount of time you do have, use it. If it is a ten minute walk do that then, it does all add up, if I don't screw it up with pie a la mode :)