GOOD VS BAD: TREADMILL

Options
I just got a treadmill and I am really excited about it!
Today I was on it for 135minutes (lost about 1000 calories)
My plan is to wake up, 30mins on treadmill, 30mins off (repeat) for the whole day and on my breaks relax and eat if I'm hungry.
Is this good or bad?
If I do this about four/five times a week for about a month will I lose weight? or gain muscle? (I don't know how it works)
What do treadmills tone? (I think this is the right wording)
Like will it tone my legs, stomach, etc?

What is good/bad about treadmills?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My plan is to wake up, 30mins on treadmill, 30mins off (repeat) for the whole day and on my breaks relax and eat if I'm hungry.
    Is this good or bad?
    If I do this about four/five times a week for about a month will I lose weight? or gain muscle? (I don't know how it works)

Are you walking on it or running?

If you are running, you could end up overtraining if you do that sort of exercise plan for a whole month.

Plus, one other thing, you said inbetween rest breaks, you would eat if you were hungry, be very careful, because the body needs between two to four hours to digest food. The heart is already speeding up during the digestion period - you then go and exercise on top of that raising it even further..... it is working hard whilst digesting, you need to give it time to do its job before resuming exercise.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am going 5mph
    Is this good or bad?

Are you walking on it or running?

If you are running, you could end up overtraining if you do that sort of exercise plan for a whole month.

Plus, one other thing, you said inbetween rest breaks, you would eat if you were hungry, be very careful, because the body needs between two to four hours to digest food. The heart is already speeding up during the digestion period - you then go and exercise on top of that raising it even further..... it is working hard whilst digesting, you need to give it time to do its job before resuming exercise.
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I think 60 minutes total is good. Are you thinking about doing it all day to add up to 8-10 hours? I think that might be a bit excessive.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I think 60 minutes total is good. Are you thinking about doing it all day to add up to 8-10 hours? I think that might be a bit excessive.

Yes, that's what I was worried about.