What do you guys think of my diet & exercise plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 80 pounds in about 8 months. Is this possible? I eat around 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day. I vary how much calories I take in so my body doesn't get used to a specific amount. I do 3 workout DVDs: Biggest Loser Cardio Max (400 calories burned) Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack (300 calories burned) & Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs (300 calories burned) daily for a total of 1000 burned a day. My BMR is 1,700 btw.

Foods I eat are usually:
    Breakfast either Special K cereal or Oatmeal
    Lunch would be a turkey or tuna sandwhich on wheat bread
    Snack would be fresh fruit or pretzels (2 snacks a day)
    Dinner would be fish or chicken, brown rice & vegetables.

I eat every 3 - 4 hours.

Anything I should change? Thanks. I'm new to this site & just started this diet. Have already lost 5 pounds within a week!(:

All 3 dvd's in one day?
    Are you using a heart rate monitor to determine the calories?
    Instead of Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack and Killer Buns and Thighs try some of her other dvds (I have them all) that are more varied-No More Trouble Zones is great, Extreme Shed and Shred, 30 Day Shred, and Ripped in 30 are all wonderful.
    For breakfast I would not have cereal, as someone else suggested have egg whites and veggies or oatmeal and veggies, or protein smoothie.
    Make sure there is not too much mayon the turkey sandwich.
    Dinner sounds good. I would put a snack in between to make sure you eat every 2-3 hours instead of 3-4. Include superfoods!
    Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You are KICKING *kitten* BUT, try to do this eat NO CEREAL you can eat Quaker Oats with Splenda or Trivia. you should add an egg or protein drink LOW CARB (Muscle Milk 100% Whey Protein at Costco best price) it comes in a 6lb bag for $39. make sure you eat 2 to 2 1/2 hours after breakfast. try to eat 1/2 cup brown rice or red potato and the protein drink. then eat your lunch which is good, you will get tired of tuna so buy skinless boneless chicken breast most of the time they weigh 6oz per each (cook enough for a week). OH YA buy yourself a digital scale. I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond (it was the biggest looser one) $29 it weighs to half oz.. The biggest thing you can do and remember is NEVER eat carbs after lunch or 1PM! This I am telling you to remember, you can eat green carbs like broccoli, asparagus and so on (no green beans or Very little) they DON'T count.
    The biggest thing to remember is to make sure to change the way you eat all the time, do high protein for 3-4 day with a pound of green veggies. Then add carbs like red potatoes, wild rice, long grain brown rice, tortillas whole grain 8" these work great for Tuna and lettuce wraps. if you start the high protein (Chicken and Broccoli) first do it for at least 7 days then add the carbs for 4 days (90grams) by lunch. Then go back to the chicken/ broccoli for 3 days and then back to adding carbs. After 3 weeks you can start having protein shakes (water mix) 3 a day for snack 1 is always good before bed time. Do you see what we are doing we are confusing your body so that it will eat the fat that you have stored. When we change the mix like this your body burns and stores what it needs. So remember even when you get to your goal ALWAYS change your protein/carbs> CHANGE IT UP). keep me posted and I will help. Also DRINK a gallon of water every day NO QUESTIONS!!!! I mean it your body needs this almost more than anything. Stay away from as much sodium as you can=====Keep me posted!

Your bud
    Joel

I nominate this as bro spec post of the year for 2012. Wow.