Meal Plans

Options
What kind of meals does every one plan to eat a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eat and stay "feeling full"??

I think my main problem is that I get bored really quickly then I think I'm hungry so I'm keeping myself busy these days.

But what is a good meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, that are easy to make and quick since I have two little girls at home to save from climbing couches and rolling all over the place?

Replies

• natabugg
    Options
    What kind of meals does every one plan to eat a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eat and stay "feeling full"??

I think my main problem is that I get bored really quickly then I think I'm hungry so I'm keeping myself busy these days.

But what is a good meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, that are easy to make and quick since I have two little girls at home to save from climbing couches and rolling all over the place?
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Oatmeal works well for breakfast or a hard boiled egg. Make sure you always grab a fruit with these as well. Yogurt is a quick and easy grab too.

Lunch: Salad is always a great low cal. meal. You can also add different things to it everyday.

Dinner: steamed chicken or fish with veggies. I always throw my veggies right in with the meat and it makes a quick meal.

Happy eating,

Connie Lynn
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Here is my motto.

Eat to live not live to eat.

Everytime I go to put something in my mouth I say this. If I don't need it to live then I try to go without!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I try to eat small meals every three-four hours. Only a few of them involve cooking.

Rice cakes with two tablespoons of peanut butter or one serving of lowfat cheese.

Apple with peanut butter.

salad with chicken cutlet (takes about five minutes to put together, including cooking the chicken cutlet two minutes per side)

plain yogurt (1 cup) mixed with a handful of chopped walnuts, a cup of berries and about a teaspoon of honey (this one can be heavy on the calories, but fills me up like a steak!)

vegetables with 1/2 cup of hummus.

If I'm eating this often, and I get the "boredom hunger", I know I am not actually hungry, so I can resist the urge to overeat. And, to feel full, my two best friends are fibre and protein.:flowerforyou:
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    I also snack on granola or whole grain bars. The quaker bars have only 90 calories per bar and not alot of sugar. They help me when I have a sweet tooth or boredom hunger
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I think boredom hunger gets me all the time.