Out of the mouths of babes

Options
newbeetler
newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
My daughters are 4 and come out with some corkers.

At the weekend I had taken my shirt off to change it as it had got dirty.

Daughter knows that I exercise at the gym (PE as they call it).

Daughter looks at me and says "Daddy, why is your tummy not getting smaller".

All I could do was laugh as the honesty in a child was so cute.

What have your kids said?

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My child "tooted" loudly the other day and started laughing. Then I started laughing. She says "Mommy my farts make everybody laugh". Too cute!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    My daughter has asked me if I'm having a baby before. Ugh. lol

My twins have come up with zingers in the past...as I remember them, I'll post.
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The wife pulled away from the traffic lights a couple of days ago and the cars waiting to turn were still stationary.

Daughter looks out the window and waves shouting "Bye Bye Suckers".

Trouble is her S sounds like a F
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    From my 6 year old son to my wife after he just woke up: "Mom, check out my peanut....it's absolutely huge!!!"
  • changinmyways72
    Options
    The wife pulled away from the traffic lights a couple of days ago and the cars waiting to turn were still stationary.

Daughter looks out the window and waves shouting "Bye Bye Suckers".

Trouble is her S sounds like a F

LOL!!!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was 4 and I was pregnant with my son, she wanted to know how babies were made. I simply told her that the baby was in my belly. She got really angry and said " You ate the baby??? Your mean mama!!!"
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    From my 6 year old son to my wife after he just woke up: "Mom, check out my peanut....it's absolutely huge!!!"

BWAHAHAHA! My son once fell out of bed onto a baby woody. I woke up to hear him crying "My Penis! My Penis!" I'm like... WHAT could have possibly happened at 3am to his wang?? Oh dear...
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I work at a daycare and I could write a book. I've had a few different kids ask me if I have a baby in my belly, but my favorite quotes of all time came from the same kid who is almost four. One day I asked what he wanted to be when he grows up and he said "A teacher. And a Ninja." and a few weeks later he wasn't listening and walking in line, so I asked him to join me at the front of the line and hold my hand. When he threw himself on the ground instead and screamed I just picked him up and carried him to the next destination. He cried "My mommy's gonna get rid of you! And she's gonna get a new teacher and her name won't be Jesi!"
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    This thread is adorable! I'm all 'aww' reading the above!
  • tigress7435
    tigress7435 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is a real tomboy. She even wears boxers. One day my daughter came to me and asked me"Mom is Niki a boy or a girl".
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My daughter ( 4 1/2 ) likes to say my tummy is a drum...and she will act like she's playing the drums on it too!

She has also said "Mommy, I'm going to have a fat tummy like you when I get older" One of many reasons why I'm trying to get healthy and lose my "fat tummy".
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    This weekend while out and about, my mom called and asked me to pick up a rather expensive item for her and she would pay me back. Not believing I had the $ I said that I couldn't. A while later she texted me that she was sorry... My husband asked what about and I told him, after I called her and said that I was mistaken and did have the money. She was all excited.

I got off the phone and my 8 year old says, "Gramma only texted you that she was sorry to get you to feel bad and do what she wants. She says that is what great gramma does to her allll the time. You got played mom" I thought about it for a minute and said "You know what? For an eight year old, you are pretty darn smart!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    When my nephew was 5, he figured out that Nana (my mother, his grandmother) is the mother of his mother (my younger sister). Nephew then turns to be me and asked "Is Nana your mommy too?"

Then this past Thanksgiving, now 9-year-old Nephew asked is I was adopted. :huh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old son found a pair of handcuffs in my room (oops:embarassed: ) and said, "mom, what do you have 'lock up's" for?

Thought it was soo cute he called them lock ups!