Newbie wanting to lose around 100 pounds!

Options
Wow! It was hard to post that I need to lose 100 Pounds. How did I pack on all that weight? I am 35, married and mommy of three beautiful kids, my oldest is 13 my youngest is 7 months. I am a girly girl who isn't afraid to get dirty. I love to garden! I also enjoy shopping, travel, photography, fitness and cooking. Cooking really is my passion. I am trying to find new recipes that is both healthy and tasteful. I would love buddies to keep me motivated so feel free to add me. I have lost weight in the past but motivation is what I have always lacked. I seem to do great for a while then I get bored and give up. Hopefully with this sit and the phone app I will stay on track.:smile:

Replies

• sweetiecake
    sweetiecake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i two have to lose around 85 pounds to be at a healthy weight. my problem is that i need to stay focus and on track with food and exercise. i need that motivation. i have lost weight in the past and as soon as i can fit into certain clothing i lose track. i am a married mom of 3. this year i have finally decided to try no i am going to do this. it is very hard for me to look at pictures of myself i can not recognize ME! ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM GOING THRU PLEASE ADD ME. i need that push to keep daily tracking of what i am eating as well as exercise. this is going to be a challenging year but i am up for it. GOOD LUCK TO ALL .:wink::smile:
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am 45 and would like to lose 70 pounds! I am an emotional eater and have had two really tough years...2010 gained 40 pounds during an emotional time...then lost it...only to put back on the same 40 during another emotional time in 2011. SO...I am trying to focus on mindful eating...I tend to eat mindlessly and emotionally!!! I also have three kids! ALl boys and a super fit super body husband! UGH! Lost 6 pounds so far!
  • shar1969
    shar1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I need to lose 100 pounds also and I feel the same way you do. I'm 42 Married to my hubby for 21 years and we have 3 sons.
    I joined in March but got busy and really forgot about this site until a friend of mine starting using it and she looks amazing. Would love to have some friends on here.
  • marygettingfit
    marygettingfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi also need to lose over 100 pds. Feel free to add me. I've lost about 40 so far. Lets do this!!
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i have 100 PLUS pounds to lose as well! I also have a baby who is 6 months old AND a 13 yr old! lol so we have several things in common! I'm so adding you! I can't wait to watch you succeed! we can motivate each other! good luck!
  • mfigueroa81
    Options
    Hi this is my second day on this site... I need to lose about 150lbs its overwhelming to think about, but if I don't start now it will only get worse. I would like to make friends and gain some support...Thanks for iniating this :)
  • jleigh4295
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm hoping to lose about 80lbs. Currently at 213lbs, it's going to take a while. I'm ready to be healthy again, to run and not lose my breath within 5 steps. I'm 26, have been gaining since I had my first son in 2006. I miss being 130lbs. Gained 80lbs with my first son, and another 40 with my second son. Since then I've lost 37lbs, and I must say, good riddance! But it's taken 2 years. I never really realized how heavy I was. I'm doing this for my boys. I'm doing this for my husband. I'm doing this for me. I want to be able to watch my boys grow up, to have a 50th anniversary (not only).

It sure is hard to admit that number, the current weight or amount you want to lose. Quite a wake up call. But we can do it. With the right kind of motivation. I sure need it. So add me if you need some too. :) Let's get healthy together!
  • amdpei12
    amdpei12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too - but I've been battling my weight my whole life! I'm 41 and have 50 lbs to lose.

This site is great! Feel free to add me as a friend - good luck!

Angela
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm getting fairly close to my goal weight, but not without a lot of very hard work and dedication. I gained over 80 pounds during my pregnancy...yikes! I have a 7 month old too so you can add me if you'd like! My son was born May 25... How bout you?
  • tcan2012
    Options
    I have been all over the place with my weight. I am needing to lose 45 lbs. I have done it before and gained it all back. I really could use some support as well. I know 45 lbs doesn't sound like much to some people but I am only 5'1" and it is super unhealthy. On the chart at the doctors office it says I am OVERWEIGHT! I can feel it too. I have joined a fitness challenge and tomorrow is our first "weigh-in". We have to pay $1.00 for every pound we gain......I am seriously wondering if I should take cash. :( Please feel free to add me too. The more people to hold me accoutable the BETTER! Good luck to all of you.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I will add you and you all can add me too, the more friends the better in this journey! I started on Aug 1st at 237 with a goal of losing 107 pounds and I am down 48 of them so far! I haven't been 130 since I got married 17 years ago! I am a mom to 2 daughters ages 10 and 7 as well. Ok off to zumba I go, good luck!
  • bmorenurse
    Options
    Hi I'm Tammy. I'm also new to this site. I need all the friends that i can get in this weght-loss/life style change. I weigh 313lbs and I have no clue how to get it off. i guess the first step is here. I don't currently have health problems by being a nurse i know that if I continue to carry all this weight or gain anymore my health will fail. I have 2 kids that I want to live for. I think this site will help it I let it work .I'm ready for a change. I WANT TO LIVE
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 100 pounds as well! I just joined yesterday but so far I love the features of the site and reading about people in my position that have been successful. I've tried many times in the past to lose the weight with moderate success but would always gain it back and then some. This year I'm hoping to do it the right way and finally conquer and control my longtime weight problem. Best of luck to you Tammy (I want to live too!) and everyone else that has a long journey ahead of them.
  • nicki_1004
    Options
    I actually have about 150 lbs to lose for me to be at a healthy weight. I am a SAHM of 2 boys ages 10 and 7. I have put everyone else before myself my entire life. It is time for me to start putting myself first and take care of me. I have tried to lose weight in the past with no success. I have people start with me and they always quit after a week or two, then eventually I give up as well because I need someone to help keep me in check. Anyone can add me if they want.
  • melkayf
    melkayf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, Sonia. You seem to have struck a nerve. So many responses in just 12 hours!

I'll be 45 in April. I want to be healthier at 50 than I am now. I'm right at 300, and want to lose about 150 pounds.

I have no children and have been married to my best friend for almost 21 years. We have gained massive weight together, and we're trying to lose it together. We're hoping myfitnesspal can help.

I already have multiple health issues, including moderate diabetes and a pituitary tumor. I no longer have a thyroid gland due to nodules (not cancer). And I have chronic, nearly constant, pain in my back and elsewhere.

Anyone with a similar story - or not - is welcome to befriend me, especially if you have more than 100 pounds to lose.

Melissa :smile:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces and goal seekers!! Good luck to all of you, and if you need to know all about pitfalls, losing ground and getting back on the wagon give me a shout.. I am an expert at imperfection :)
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Just set you mind to and and want it more than anything else. If you have a bite of food in your mouth and you really dont need it, spit it out. I still do that now after 117 pounds lost. Its all about you, do cheat yourself!!! If I can do anyone can do it.
  • Khowland45
    Options
    Hi! Im new here and looking to lose 40-50lbs. After getting sick a couple years ago I packed on almost 80 lbs and now my amazing other half and I are planning our dream wedding and I refuse to walk down the aisle at 200lbs. Im ready to be a beautiful bride and make my husbands jaw drop. After using the app for only day its so easy and seeing the numbers encourages me to stay in line with my eating and exercise. I love it!
  • tnews43
    tnews43 Posts: 23
    Options
    I love all the responses on here! I find it very encouraging seeing that truely so many of us struggle with the same issues. I Look forward to meeting friends on here that I can support and them in return. I have my last daughter at home and she also struggles with her weight. I want to be a positive role model for her as well by being healthy and taking care of myself. I need to lose 90 lbs. My first week of watching my diet and exercise I have lost 5lbs and then I was told about this site. I am really excited to have been told about this.
  • deethinner
    deethinner Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    you can ad me as friend. Maybe we can help each other.