where to buy turkey products

Options
i need to get ground turkey but the jennyo brand at my store was recalled. is there another place or brand that i can get some where else. i usually shop at HEB, we have walmart, target, randalls, a central market, dont know of any butcher shops around here.

also would love to find a retailer that sells more than just their ground turkey would like to try their turkey sausage and bacon too but my store doesnt sell it

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I am in the northeast and there are several brands at every grocery store. Besides Jenny-O, I can always find Perdue and Shadybrook Farms, the latter of which makes turkey sausages too. If you shop at HEB then you are in Texas- do you have a Whole Foods near you? At their butcher counter they have tons of fresh turkey and chicken sausage (raw) in many flavors.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i think i have heard of whole foods but never been there guess i will give that a try. central market i think is sort of like a whole food branch of heb or maybe it is the whole foods place your talking about. and yes im in texas.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Try a local farmers market. Do you have Publix? They carry their own ground turkey breast.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from Perdue and Shady brook farms.. If you can try and get the kosher ground turkey. or organic.. after reading about perdue and shaby brook farms i dont suggest anyone eats that crap... I am currently not eating meat and thats because i cant afford the kind of meat i want so i choose not to eat it...
  • Sweetrayray80
    Options
    Target sells jennio, but they have a great ground chicken in another brand. They also have premade frozen turkey meatballs that are yummy. Walmart has Shady brook turkey products. Hillshire Farm makes a smoked chicken sausage, 90 calories. I usually buy Jennio, but they have had several recalls this year. Makes me want to switch brands completely. Oh and if you have ALDI they have good, cheap turkey.