RANDOM TOPIC! What do you think of celebrities that walk aro

Options
xginanax
xginanax Posts: 333 Member
RANDOM TOPIC! What do you think of celebrities that walk around with high heels while pregnant??

For me personally i find it pretty stupid. I've never being pregnant, not yet any ways but for me its what i am comfortable in, not only that but what will be safe to walk around in for me and my child. I mean i cant even walk around without no child lol.
when i see celebrities esp heavy ones like Beyonce, Hilary Huff etc , , knowing that paparazzi is always following them that one day they might trip and fall on their stomach. Its scares me even if its not me nor my child to be.

What's your thought on this?

Replies

• speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why women would wear heels all day anyway. Pregnant or not. It has to be more painful while pregnant. Why do that to your self? To look good? Your pregnant, your looks are not going to be top notch. Why bother?! I think it's stupid in that sense, also your risking tripping, fumbling, falling and hurting the baby.

It really doesn't make sense, i don't think they public is going to care if you go out in tennis shoes once and a while.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear them everyday like the celebrities do, but I'm a mom of 4, and I wore them when I was dressing up each week for church or whatever. I was fine. I did slip on my bum when I was preggers one time, and I was wearing flats. It was snowy/icy outside and the surface I was walking on was asphault. They had salt down, but I guess they missed a spot or something. I just stepped out of my car to return a movie and slipped. Everything ended up being okay. I saw my Dr. and had to take it easy for a while, but thank goodness there were no problems. I guess I would say that heels are fine on occasion, but I wouldn't want to wear them all day walking around everywhere. They can be super uncomfortable, and a lot of women experience swelling in their feet and ankles with pregnancy.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I wore them while pregnant... not 4" high or anything, but a couple inches! I say live and let live :wink:
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    You have to remember celebs are used to walking around in heels all the time before they get pregnant. Just because you'd most likely go *kitten* over tit doesn't mean they would. If they were walking on stilts I'd see the issue.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You have to remember celebs are used to walking around in heels all the time before they get pregnant. Just because you'd most likely go *kitten* over tit doesn't mean they would. If they were walking on stilts I'd see the issue.

So true! Just like working out... Dr's often won't approve certain exercise regimes for pregnant women, especially later in the pregnancy, but if the woman was working out like on a regular basis before she got pregnant then they might okay it.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am not very fond of heels for any length of time, but I don't have an issue with someone wearing them while pregnant. I have been pregnant twice before and I don't see any real danger in it. You would have to have a pretty bad fall for it to effect the baby. Now, as far as comfort goes, I do not know how they could stand them. My feet swelled up so bad with my first pregnancy that I spent most the third trimester barefooted, that's right I was barefoot and pregnant. My folks were so proud.