How do i lose my baby belly?

Options
Hi all i was just wondering if there were any exercises i could do to help tone my stomach. Since having my daughter 18 months ago i am worried ill struggle to tone the BABY BELLY back up. I do exercise as often as i can usually on the Wii or at ZUMBA or BOKWA class but im not a fan of pure sit ups. Did or are you doing any abs exercises that may help or are you having the same worries. Thank you for any comments and anyone wanting to add me as a friend is most appriciated.

Luv Vicki xx

Replies

• xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi all i was just wondering if there were any exercises i could do to help tone my stomach. Since having my daughter 18 months ago i am worried ill struggle to tone the BABY BELLY back up. I do exercise as often as i can usually on the Wii or at ZUMBA or BOKWA class but im not a fan of pure sit ups. Did or are you doing any abs exercises that may help or are you having the same worries. Thank you for any comments and anyone wanting to add me as a friend is most appriciated.

Luv Vicki xx

Honestly i think the best thing is to do sit-ups, it sucks but if you want toned stomach then i guess thats the only way.

ALSO I don't know if you already know this but next time you have another baby, after its born, straight away rap your stomach with a cloth really tight for 2 or 3 months till the tummy is sucked in, this prevents it from sagging. My mum, my friend mum and my mates that have had babies have all done this and they don't have a saggy stomach. :) Just thought ill share.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you cant spot reduce any area of your body, so as you reduce your body fat this will include your belly.

In the meantime however you are going to have to suck it up and do some crunches! so then you will have nice strong muscles under the fat. Crunches, crunches, plank and more crunches!!!!
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You could try this one if you don't want to do sit ups:

- Stand with your feet hip distance apart with shoulders back. Slightly tilt you pelvis forward and hold this position throughout so that your lower back is protected.
    - Pull in your tummy muscles as much as possible. Place your hands on your lower tummy ( so you can feel the muscle move in a minute). Now try to draw that lower part up towards the ribcage without crouching over. You should feel that saggy bit where your undies/bikini bottoms go around the top of your leg lift up slightly.
    - Once you've mastered the move you can either pulse or hold for whatever you feel comfortable with.

This can be done pretty much anywhere as long as you don't do the facial expressions I come up with whilst doing it!
    I have even been known to do blocks of 10 pulses before going to sleep as you can get the muscles working whilst laying down too.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    A mild calorie deficit paired with moderate strength and cardio training.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce! The only way to help your tummy area is to lower your overall body fat percentage.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

However, with that said I have a dvd called Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy workout and it has a ton of ab work. She is crappy at "queing" when to change moves because she is soooo quiet. However, if you do this workout 2-3 times you won't need to listen to her after that. It is pretty basic and I actually turn down the sound now and listen to my own music and just watch her and I just change moves when she does. I have noticed I am seeing more definition in my abs with this dvd and I also am working on muscles I never even knew I had. I find it very effective.
  • MummyTink1987
    Options
    Thanks everyone anything is worth a try. x
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    My daughter is 15 months and I'm trying to loose mine too! I started the 30 day shred 8 days ago and can already see a improvement. It's only 20 minute work out so it's good to fit in when you dont have time to go to the gym!
    Hope this helps x
  • bella2509
    bella2509 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good diet and exercise will obviously help....but if you don't have time for lots of exercise and hate doing sit ups, how about buying one of those stomach/abdominal belt thingies and use it whilst dieting, it may help.

Claire x