Need advice for those who have lost and gained and lost and

Options
My sister does REALLY well with her diet when she puts her mind to it. However like me she is an emotional eater...In 2010 my mother who meant the world to us was injured and after an 18 month long battle/recovery passed. I can barely write that...anyway...both her and I eat to compensate...the other two sisters don't eat...anyway....she had lost 70 lbs prior but put it all back on during this emtional time....in the past she has lost that much before and gained it back twice..once in her twenties and once for her wedding....I would like to try and get her motivated...now don't get mewrong I know all the she has to do it for herself blah blah blah....but what did others say to you to help you get back on track what encouraged you?

Replies

• Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    Well, the issue is not her ability to diet or lose weigh, she has shown she can do that.
    What she need is support to deal with emotional eating.
    There is no way she is going to keep it off if she does not deal with her eating triggers and learns to control it.
    There are some courses out there to help with this and most psychologists can help, but bringing something like this up can be a hard subject.
    Good Luck