HELP: exercise time has been cut in half

Options
Hello everyone. I've lost about 35 pounds here since July, I have been working out 6-7 days a week 1 to 2 hours a day.
I got broke, and needed another job. About a week ago, I started my second full time job. My first full time job begins at 5am and goes till 1pm, then the other full time job goes from 2pm to between 11 and midnight.

I'm a cook, so its busy and hard work, keeps my heart rate up at times, so I'm not worried about sedentry issues. But now, I severly lack the time to work out like I did before. I can make it to the gym for maybe 3 good long sessions and maybe squeeze 1 half hour some where in there.

Should I change my exercise regime? Make it more intense? Spread it out? All weight lifting? Some cardio?
My normal day consists of Cardio, p90X or a Jillian Video. But Now I don't have time to be consisnt with p90x so is it even worth it doing the videos all scattered??....

I can't describe to you how icky I feel not being able to get into the gym as much anymore, but I do really need both jobs.

thanks!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've lost about 35 pounds here since July, I have been working out 6-7 days a week 1 to 2 hours a day.
    I got broke, and needed another job. About a week ago, I started my second full time job. My first full time job begins at 5am and goes till 1pm, then the other full time job goes from 2pm to between 11 and midnight.

I'm a cook, so its busy and hard work, keeps my heart rate up at times, so I'm not worried about sedentry issues. But now, I severly lack the time to work out like I did before. I can make it to the gym for maybe 3 good long sessions and maybe squeeze 1 half hour some where in there.

Should I change my exercise regime? Make it more intense? Spread it out? All weight lifting? Some cardio?
    My normal day consists of Cardio, p90X or a Jillian Video. But Now I don't have time to be consisnt with p90x so is it even worth it doing the videos all scattered??....

I can't describe to you how icky I feel not being able to get into the gym as much anymore, but I do really need both jobs.

thanks!!
    Since your choice is to have 2 jobs, then you can only do what you're allowed. Fast intense training with short rests in between sets.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition