What's Better? Zumba or Brazil Butt Lift

Options
I know they are 2 different workouts but I can only afford one of them. So which one is better? I want to lose weight all over but I also want to firm up and stop this jiggling. I've lost 50 pounds so far just doing the walking workouts with Leslie but I think I need something different. What about "The Firm"? I'm so lost. Of course all the websites say theirs is the best and funnest. I would like some honest opinions, please.

Thanks!

Replies

• mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there with an opinion?
  • jandyanj
    jandyanj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    the one that is better is the one that you will use - have you tried either? if not maybe check out some free ones on exercise TV or Netflex and see if you like it
    I personally think I would enjoy
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    i agree check them out online and see which is more your style it really depends on what YOU like and will stick to :-)
  • ladygt33
    Options
    I just joined this site, and I saw this topic and as a Zumba instructor I could not resist:) I just wanted to ask if you have any Zumba Toning classes in your area. I just trained in it this past weekend and they do alot of exercises that focus on your different muscle groups head to toe, to improve your balance, posture, it's purpose is to improve the way we look coming and going, even got on the floor for a few pushups.

I need to focus on some toning more this year too myself.

Ginger
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I vote Zumba.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I can't compare the Brazil Butt lift but I know I've shaped my buns a tad with Zumba.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am interested in hearing others opinion. I love Zumba for cardio doesnt help me for toning though. I just ordered Brazilian Butt lift it should be delivered this week. I ordered it for the toning.
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    I've done a rotation of Brazil Butt Lift and I use to take a Zumba class (but never used the dvd's). I am not sure it is easy to compare.

My Zumba class was cardio, excellent, fun cardio but I would say it was mostly cardio. I believe the dvd has some "toning" workout so I am not sure.

BBL is a mix of strength/"toning", balance and cardio. I did have good results and found it fun but it would depend on how you feel about the instructor (search youtube). It is whole body as a system even though it works the lower body a lot. I found the cardio a little repetitive, but I just did my own cardio when I felt like it. If I recall, it includes a full body strength workout, a core workout, a glute/hamstring strengh/"toning" workout, a lower body focused on that I would say is a mix of strength/balance and cardio, and a 30 minute dance cardio workout. I would say it is beginning to intermediate level though some of the workouts can be challenging if you put the intensity in or use enough resistance. Remember, you can't choose to spot reduce though (a lot of people attracted to this set hope to spot reduce and it is kind of marketed that way so that is why I mention it). I will say, when I followed BBL I actually did a different full body strength workout with heavier weights on the day it called for sculpt and I did whatever cardio I felt like on the cardio days so it is hard to say my results were purely from BBL. I lost inches from my waist, belly, arms and thighs and a little weight, but I only followed it for four weeks. I still use a couple of the workouts though as stand-alone workouts.
  • MeganMcLauchlin
    MeganMcLauchlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a licensed Zumba Instructor and teach both Zumba classes and Zumba Toning classes. For my participants who are taking regular Zumba and want that extra toning during class, I suggest concentrating on the muscles more. Try making all the movements as big as you can and really think about the muscle/mind connection. Also, with some of the movements - like the side salsa step, you can modify it to be a side squat. I'm sure if you talk to your instructor before class they can give you some suggestions.

I find Zumba Toning is a great because it combines cardio and toning. We use 1.5 lbs maraca dumbells to do different fitness moves. Maybe check your area for Zumba Toning classes?

I have never tried the BBL. Sounds interesting!
  • janairerobinson
    janairerobinson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done BBL and Zumba. Both programs work but it varies depending on what you are looking for. I have lost more weight with Zumba but it did nothing for my booty. With BBL the scale was not moving fast enough for me (it did move) but it really sculpts the booty. I'm in the process now trying to figure out a way to combine the two programs into my busy schedule. Hope this helps!
  • CrazyCatMama
    Options
    I have both Brazilian Butt lift dvd's & Zumba 2 for the Wii. I lost 35 lbs on Brazilian Butt Zlift workout. It's a whole body workout. It changes your whole body. Your stomach, abs, hips, legs. Everything. It's amazing. Cardio & light weights. Now Zumba 2 is all cardio. I enjoy both. But to get muscle definition, & tighten up, I def say BBL. the Rio Extreme DVD is amazing. I couldn't sit for two days after. It really works.
  • Lyn1117
    Lyn1117 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have both Zumba and BBL DVDs. I've had Zumba a year longer than BBL. I enjoy Zumba's cardio workouts very much. Zumba has helped me to lose a lot of weight (approx 25lbs in 3 months) with of course proper nutrition (mainly high protein and fiber) and working out 5 days a week. However, Zumba didn't do much for toning, especially where I needed it the most which is my butt, hips, and thighs. Even after losing all the weight, I still felt like I needed to tone and sculpt my body. I still had small amount of flab in certain areas especially on my butt and hips and also still had some visible cellulite. I switched my routines over to BBL to concentrate on sculpting and toning the bottom portion of my body. I was so sore the first workout day from BBL, it was painful to sit - that's when I knew that BBL was going to work. It's an intense workout target for your rear area. Not a big fan of BBL's cardio routines though...still enjoyed Zumba cardio better. However, after approximately 60 days of doing BBL my butt has lifted, legs and thighs were toned, my saddle bags were gone from my hips, and lost inches off my waist. My cellulite had also diminished almost completely. By using BBL I had lost an additional 8" total off my body. I didn't lose much weight, but since I was toning my muscles, I didn't expect to, but instead lost inches...to me is even better. I felt sexier with curves in all the right places. I have to admit though that I did change up my routines - instead of doing the BBL cardio workouts I would do the Zumba cardio instead so I incorporated it into my cardio days. Both Zumba and BBL will give you a good workout. It all depends on your needs. Personally, for weight loss I recommend Zumba then switch over to BBL to give you a more toned and sculpted beach body silhouette.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Zumba advocate!! I love it so much, so it doesn't feel like a workout. Just make sure that you find an awesome Zumba instructor! It took me 5 places to find the perfect place! Good luck!