The Wii Fit and Other Fun Exercises

Options
Okay, soooo I have such a hard time trying to muster up the drive to do anything that makes me sweat. Ive never been much of an exerciser and I have a hard time trying to find things that keep me interested. I've had a thought that the Wii Fit could be a good option for me and was wondering if their were any users out there that had any feedback for me, or any ideas on fun and easy exercises. I dont have a gym membership or any home gym equipment so I need some real pointers. The only thing I hate doing is walking with nowhere to go! Let me know if u have any ideas please :sad:

Replies

• chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Okay, soooo I have such a hard time trying to muster up the drive to do anything that makes me sweat. Ive never been much of an exerciser and I have a hard time trying to find things that keep me interested. I've had a thought that the Wii Fit could be a good option for me and was wondering if their were any users out there that had any feedback for me, or any ideas on fun and easy exercises. I dont have a gym membership or any home gym equipment so I need some real pointers. The only thing I hate doing is walking with nowhere to go! Let me know if u have any ideas please :sad:
  • VickiR
    VickiR Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my wii fit!!! I have had it for about 10 days now. There is running, and you can either run in place or like what I do is just run around my house for 12 minutes. The other awesome thing about it, is that now I have the whole fam do n it! I have lost about 3lbs since I bought it!!!! =)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit has a lot of fun exercises at all ability levels. It has simple Yoga and strength exercises to various fun running exercises. The balance games are so much fun that you don't even realize you are working out. Especially if you have other people in the household, then it is fun to encourage each other. My 2 year old loves to "work out" with mom on the Wii Fit and has her own profile. It is also a good way to track progress with a daily check in for BMI.

There are also work out videos from learning to Belly Dance to specifically working on toning. Most only take a couple of weights that you can buy at Walmart for a couple dollars a piece. Other suggestion is the "Yourself Fitness" for Wii. It does not require the board but designs a fitness program based on your goals, ability level and equipment that you own. I find it fun and motivating.
  • BigAnn
    BigAnn Posts: 38
    Options
    I got Dance Dance Revolution for the kids and play it too. It has a workout mode that suposedly calculates how many calories you've burned during a session.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I totally love my wii fit. I agree with the other moms I have heard talk about doing with the family.

my son --7--loves to get the high score on exercises and challenges. it really keeps me going.

i also like that it keeps your total time for you so you can break up your workout if you like, this helps with before and after errands, housekeeping, meals etc.

i really think you would have fun with it.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The wii fit gave me my start and boosted my confidence before I started at the gym and I still use it:bigsmile: My boys love it too My 4 year old cheers me on It's great
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, i think i might invest in one